• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting over my weed addiction - Euphoric non-addictive medicine advice needed!

mans689

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

So I have been into smoking Pot for 4 years (1.5 years being a daily smoker), and finally I decided to quite my habbit for smoking by going to the doctor. But he refused to prescribe any medicine for me till I get over my addiction and he transfered me to one hospital for rehabilitation which I am trying to avoid at the moment. so my plan is to depend on other anti depressing/uplifting medicines for the next period till I get rid of the need for smoking. So if anybody can recommend any good medicine for energy and good mood, cause that's what I am laking the most.

Got on hand:
-Lyrica 200 mg
-Rivotril 2mg
-..........?

I need like 4/5 kinds to be switching between every 10 days, most important non addictive medicine only I don't want to get out of one addiction to another.

Also if you know 2/3 kinds of medicine for a good sleep and fresh start in the morning, Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Whoa dude,

you dont one want to trade a very light addiction to just weed into something much more serious.. both Lyrica AKA Pregabalin and Rivotril AKA Klonopin/Clonazepam are potent and addictive CNS Depressants...

if you're going to go ahead and still use those.. be very cautious.

You're still WAY ahead of the game only having a weed addiction..

I smoked weed for 6 straight years everyday and didn't really notice much WD (withdrawal).. sure it took a week or 2 to get back to sleeping a little normal, and food wasn't as appetizing also.. but other than that, nothing much else.

Just give your body and mind a little time to heal, and you should be ok.

Wtf your doctor sent you to the hospital for marijuana addiction....

Im no doctor but in my uneducated 21 year old non pot user opinion he sounds absolutely stupid

Consider switching to oral or vape weed because smoking is damaging to your lungs.

Atless ypu have major depression antidepressants are unlikely to change your mood and ifnso only over many weeks

Usually Pot rehab is for court ordered reasons as 90+ percent of people undergoing "rehab" for pot do so against their will and to get out from under "the man". A different doctor might feel differently and provide non addictive support meds although it shouldn't be like a benzo w/d or anything. Just a couple weeks of sleep and appetite change like m codone said.

And @d1nach don't sell yourself short. Not many people on here describe removing the methyl group that's the ch3 group attached to the nitrogen not the one attached to aromatic benzene. Sounds real uneducated,lol.:)

Ahh, this one is really hard for me, because I am frequently trying to get people on cannabis and not off of it. I'm not saying my philosophy is right and yours is wrong, it's just that, as a Heroin addict, I think it's difficult for me to relate. I smoke/eat daily and am totally dependent. It's just that I've seen how totally debilitating Opiate addiction can be on my life, whereas Cannabis has never really caused me any problems other than not wanting to spend money on it or like, my girlfriend not being a smoker and not wanting to put up with it.

I think that you're approaching this in the wrong way though. You shouldn't need any medication to treat withdrawal from Cannabis. I'm not saying there aren't symptoms or cravings, I'm just saying that they should be manageable and they're really going to be your first major test of willpower. If you can resist smoking for those first 3-10 days, you'll have that strength in your back pocket to get you through the extended period of abstinence, which is the true test.

I don't think you should get involved in pharmaceuticals and stuff to get off a Cannabis dependence. If you have the type of personality that limits your ability to control your intake of psychoactive substances, getting involved with Benzodiazepines is a really bad idea.

I think you should try a mild approach at first. I know insomnia can be kind of a bitch for the first few days, as can appetite. Unfortunately, I don't have an awesome solution for the lack of appetite. As far as relaxation and induction of sleep, there are a few things though.

Melatonin - It's a natural chemical, a Tryptamine, that helps regulate our sleep/wake cycle.

Valerian - An herb with sedative/anxiolytic effects. You can find it at places like the Vitamin Shoppe/GNC and probably Wal-Mart

Kava - Same as above really.

Sedating Antihistamine - This could be Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), Doxylamine (Unisom) or any other of a number of prescription or OTC products. Typically, you can start with 2 dosing units of the given antihistamine. This will generally be 50mg Diphenhydramine or two tablets. Apply the rule to the others. They're all essentially the same thing.

Hydroxine and Promethazine might fit the bill if you go the doctor route. But Keif' does have a really good point about not picking up extra baggage while trying to shake the cannabis.