• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Getting off opiates for pain. Special strains or the 50 state legal cbd alternative

Speed King

Bluelighter
What's up friends? I have been taking opiate/opioid pain killers and Lyrica for a solid 6 months, They work, but I am getting a little tired of them and prefer to switch to Marijuana in some form. I bought some medicinal fruity pebbles sativa edibles at a concert ;) . They were roughly 1 and a half inches deep, four inches wide and 6 inches long. I only mention that, because I cut it into 12 pieces each one was as good as the last one. Talk about pain relief and mental relaxation. Anyway, that was 5 months ago. My pain relief regimen is pretty low compared to others. I take 20 mg Opana ER and 15 mg of Percocet daily. I can easily handle the equivalent of 60mg + of Oxycodone. I have the original formula Oxymorphone ER pills and out of curiosity railed a few. That blew me away the first time. Now I nod a little, but can easily handle it. I have railed 20mg of that shit and that provides great pain relief, but that is obviously not healthy. The point is, a 40 mg Opana ER would take care of my pain completely. I wasn't trying to brag at all, I simply wanted to show the level of pain relief I need. What kind of cannabis product or completely legal CBD product would you guys suggest to cover or help that level of pain? Thank you Bluelighters for your input. I am open for Sativa, Indica or hybrids. I like everything.

ACDC is a very effective pain-killing strain because of its high CBD content, but it's really difficult to come across if you reside in a state without medical marijuana.

High THC content also has a pain relieving aspect, and so I suggest Blackberry Kush, a heavy indica. Lots of relaxation in that one. Also, Granddaddy Purple, Northern Lights, even some Blue Cheese would do you good out of the indica category.

When it comes to sativas, I suggest Sour Diesel above everything for sure, Green Crack for a second choice. I love Sour Diesel not just for it's taste but for its energizing stress relief. It takes your mind off of the pain so you feel better emotionally as well as physically.

Two great hybrid strains are Blue Dream and Girl Scout Cookies. These are guaranteed to give you a balance of both and provide decent analgesic effects. Try to get your hands on some of these beauties, if you can, and glad to see you're interested in using marijuana as medicine. Just keep in mind that it can only do so much compared to your medications, so don't be ready to rely on weed anytime soon.

well, my two cents is you'd probably stay on cbd for a bit longer than opiates. Most doctors try to taper opiate use but i've never heard of one really taking people off cbd. if you think your pain may last a while I'd recommend getting and staying on CBD.

Don't bother with hemp CBD unless you have minimal Cannabis access. You could try adding some orally with high-thc Cannabis but you're better off getting CBD-rich Cannabis.

Strains are less important than getting something chill (indica strains) and taking some ORALLY if possible. When I take enough Rick Simpson oil aka FECO aka ethanol extracted oil it eliminates the unpleasantness. A friend got off 1200mg/day oxy using oral and dabbed cannabis concentrates.

As far as strain for the oil, OG or Kush lineage is a good bet. Blackberry Kush and Vanilla Kush both make good oil. After a few days en the physical is subsiding and the mental begins I like strains like "Tangie," the limonene terps are great for anxiety and depression.

I forget, do you have access to mmj?

THC according to some of the medical research I've read in the past is supposedly beneficial in conjunction with CBD for the purposes of pain relief; in other words, it's better to take cannabis with at least some THC, over a product that's exclusively CBD. Unfortunately that makes what you're doing illegal in some fashion in most states.

But yeah, I've read the CBD-only legislation critiqued from some people in the medical community for that reason, that it misses the point of THC-CBD (and other cannabinoid) synergy in cannabis' therapeutic value.

Don't bother with hemp CBD unless you have minimal Cannabis access. You could try adding some orally with high-thc Cannabis but you're better off getting CBD-rich Cannabis. Strains are less important than getting something chill (indica strains) and taking some ORALLY if possible. When I take enough Rick Simpson oil aka FECO aka ethanol extracted oil it eliminates the unpleasantness. A friend got off 1200mg/day oxy using oral and dabbed cannabis concentrates. As far as strain for the oil, OG or Kush lineage is a good bet. Blackberry Kush and Vanilla Kush both make good oil. After a few days en the physical is subsiding and the mental begins I like strains like "Tangie," the limonene terps are great for anxiety and depression. I forget, do you have access to mmj?
No legal access yet. I'm glad to hear that the kush strains are the way to go and also edibles. The good news is that my state already has a lot going on for 2016. The state government supposedly has things already in the legislature and groups are working for this years ballot. Everyone wants medical, but what would be covered and allowed under legal medicinal, it's too early to tell, and definitely to early to get my hopes up.

THC according to some of the medical research I've read in the past is supposedly beneficial in conjunction with CBD for the purposes of pain relief; in other words, it's better to take cannabis with at least some THC, over a product that's exclusively CBD. Unfortunately that makes what you're doing illegal in some fashion in most states. But yeah, I've read the CBD-only legislation critiqued from some people in the medical community for that reason, that it misses the point of THC-CBD (and other cannabinoid) synergy in cannabis' therapeutic value.
If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound ;) . I agree that the THC/CBD would be better than CBD alone. I am still not giving up on plain CBD, simply because it comes from such a wonderful plant.