• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc getting high off nyquil?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
i know a lot of people abuse cough medicine but i never have. is it a good experience? and how much does it take to get fucked up like a whole bottle or is that too much? can you od on it easily?

I'm from Australia, I'm not familiar with the brand you're referring too.. So I'm actually not sure if you're referring to cough syrup containing codeine or cough syrup containing DXM.. Either way, it is pretty hard to OD unless you're mixing it with something else dangerous, but basically when it comes to codeine, your body won't likely even metabolise enough of the codeine into morphine to OD, regardless of how much you took..

Also, bottles come in different sizes, so asking whether or not a bottle is going too be too much.. well, that is difficult to say.

However, if it's your first time and/or you have no tolerance, you probably don't want to exceed 150mg codeine (otherwise you may end up ill / vomiting) and you probably don't wish to exceed 300mg of DXM (otherwise you may end up having a really difficult time determining where your body ends and the rest of the world begins).

Also - regardless of whether you're chasing DXM or codeine, make sure whatever you take doesn't list any other active ingredients; typically they'll be the most dangerous thing in the bottle.. Often there'll be an artificial sweetener or some such thing, typically with a dosage aligned to make you poo watery poo for a while, delicious, runny, murky-yellow shit. Then again, if you have an opiate induced state of constipation, then you can beat this.

Don't use NyQuil dude! I don't think that's the right brand of cough syrup. Pretty sure it's robotussin, hence the term "robotripping". Only use the tussin that doesn't have gulfasin(sp?)
Usually it's whole bottle, the normal avg size bottle, not sure if it's 4-6ozs. Anyways there a million threads on this here at bl so just use the search feature and you'll get all kinds of great info from people that use this stuff pretty regularly. Good luck and be safe!

DXM is a good time! When buying cough syrup be sure to read the medical ingredients first. Look for a product that only contains Dextromethorphan. Nyquil does have DXM, but also contains Acetaminophen (Tyenol), and other things like Gulfasin (as Cliffy78 mentioned) These additional ingredients can be harmful when taken in large quanities (Like the amounts found in large bottles of cough syrup.)

I often go for no name/generic brands of cough syrup to save a buck, once you have a bottle do the math and determine how much to drink (the ratio of DXM per ml of cough syrup will be on the bottle.) Do a dose you are comfortable with, smoke a little dope and have a good time.

Nyquil Cough is safe to use. It doesn't contain tylenol...it's what I use sometimes to "potentiate" opiates or tranquilizers.

I'm not sure how the doxylamine would effect the trip, though...it might make it more fucked up

oh good call Burnt Offerings. Nyquil Cough doesn't but many other Nyquil products do.

DXM is a good time! When buying cough syrup be sure to read the medical ingredients first. Look for a product that only contains Dextromethorphan. Nyquil does have DXM, but also contains Acetaminophen (Tyenol), and other things like Gulfasin (as Cliffy78 mentioned) These additional ingredients can be harmful when taken in large quanities (Like the amounts found in large bottles of cough syrup.)

Right.
Idk, but this reminds of high school and the 80's.
I don't think it's comfortable nor safe to be using these sort of meds as it used to be. If it ever was..

Remember the dangers of DXM use.... I have gotten pretty fucked in the head and GI after using 3-5 oz of Delsym a few weekends in a row. Seriously.

As already stated, make sure you read the active ingredients! DXM can be fun, for some people, but not worth hepatoxicity/liver failure from APAP overdose.

If you can find it, the DXM soft gels can be much less nausea inducing... after a few times slugging back bottles of syrup, my body started rejecting it.
If you can find it, some RC vendors sell pure DXM powder.

All that being said; DXM messed up my insides to a noticeable extent and made me feel like I had some sort of brain damage when using frequently. There's a lot of tales of pretty nasty addiction, as well (Erowid). It's a novel experience that's worth trying, but making a habit of it can be hard on your body :c

(I wouldn't worry about ODing, you would have to drink quite a few bottles. Erowid has a superlative DXM FAQ packed with information, as well.)

Also do an allergy test before taking a large dose! A percentage of the population lacks the enzymes to metabolise DXM to the more psychoactive DXO. If you have this problem a recreational dose could be very dangerous to take. So only take 30-60mg first the day before and wait. If that small amount causes noticeable intoxication dont do DXM to get high. If it does not, maybe start with ~300mg.

Better read more about the subject because DXM can be fun, but also very dirty and unpleasant sometimes. It takes its toll on body and psyche.
Personally I'd recommend to get some classic psychedelics like LSD or shrooms or just smoke some weed instead.