• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting high off Concerta

Dandal

Greenlighter
I have 20+ full bottles of concerta 36mg prescribed for ADD, but didn't touch them because I was addicted to an opioid (tramadol) for a long, long time and didn't tell my psy, but now since I stopped and passed through the withdrawals I am looking to put them into good use =D especially since I am insanely depressed after breaking up with my beloved trammies.

Now I did my research but all I found are methods to snort them, though I've never snorted anything before and not planning to, so any ideas? my first thought is to cut the head where the lazer hole is and swallow it, though I am not sure if this would work, anyone tried it?

and what dose you recommend?

I did cut one pill and swallowed it 3 hours ago, though I didn't notice anything.

Ritalin is a strange beast. You should feel it within an hour at least. Just titrate your dose up. With stimulants, I think it very much up to user what level of stimulation they desire. When I used amphetamines, I didn't like anything more than a strong cup of coffee feeling, as I don't like the side effects with a high dosage.

Concertas have a time release mechanism that actually works rather well. The 36mg one will give you 3x 12mg every four hours

If you want to get most of the 36mg in one go, bite it open.

Snorting it is too much work in my view, and nasty on the nasal passages. Snorted MPH is overrated imo. Nothing wrong with oral :p =D

It's actually a functional stim at low doses, and you're right to avoid nasal. Very, very nice up the nose, but nice in the way you WILL binge, and the crash is literally fucking horrible.

Good thing you got off the Tramadol before you got into the heavier more addictive opiates. I know Tramadol has some opiate receptor binding reaction, it helped me when I was withdrawing from a small junk habit. It helped a little but not a lot. Just take 1 of the Concerta early in the day and see how you feel. 36mg is a good dose and if you drink a cup of tea with it you will notice the onset of its effects rather quickly. I am prescribed 27mg of Concerta a day but find myself wanting more, but thats just the addict mindset telling me more is better. With stimulants, its better to start slow and work up.

That's a lot of saved up Concerta... Don't snort it, as insufflated MPH is very moreish, and with that many Concertas in your possession, that could get ugly quick.

Just curious why you broke up with trammies??? I personally LOVE trammies but I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

I have a dozen or so bottles of the 36mg ones, and IIRC the stronger ones I have contain 54mg methylphenidate ER, I don't remember I strongly dislike this medication, it's just caffeine with a turbocharger.

If you're abusing it, I would recommend you stick to the oral route, despite it's pathetic bioavailability, it's most consistent.

Last edited:
I personally LOVE trammies but I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

If you want to keep loving tramadol, stick to using it once a week at the most. Twice a week works well, too, but you start to lose a bit of the magic from the serotonin release: the empathy, euphoria, relaxation, and increase in music enjoyment.

People who dose recreational amounts every day lose the 5-HT magic quickly, and tend to get physically dependent. Tramadol, as much as I love it, is a very "dirty" drug in terms of how many receptors it acts on. This is NOT a drug I would want to get dependent on, especially not more than 25-50mg a day.

Luckily, my liver converts a good amount of it into O-Desmethyltramadol due to CYP2D6 polymorphism, so I can dose low (12.5-25mg) and still get decent analgesia.

Last edited:
That's a lot of saved up Concerta... Don't snort it, as insufflated MPH is very moreish, and with that many Concertas in your possession, that could get ugly quick.
Tried taking up to 5 at once but barely felt anything, even when cutting them in half I barely feel anything! its not even working for ADD, I guess I'll just throw them away!

Just curious why you broke up with trammies??? I personally LOVE trammies but I'm still in the honeymoon phase.
many reasons, mainly because it was getting out of control, I mean 2 months ago I needed 300mg just to feel normal also no matter how much I take I'd never get the same effect, though gotta say it was the hardest thing I've ever done! now's the 9th day since the last dose and I am still experiencing some withdrawals and depressed as hell!

If you want to keep loving tramadol, stick to using it once a week at the most. Twice a week works well, too, but you start to lose a bit of the magic from the serotonin release: the empathy, euphoria, relaxation, and increase in music enjoyment.

People who dose recreational amounts every day lose the 5-HT magic quickly, and tend to get physically dependent. Tramadol, as much as I love it, is a very "dirty" drug in terms of how many receptors it acts on. This is NOT a drug I would want to get dependent on, especially not more than 25-50mg a day.

Luckily, my liver converts a good amount of it into O-Desmethyltramadol due to CYP2D6 polymorphism, so I can dose low (12.5-25mg) and still get decent analgesia.
+1

indeed thats a lot of concerta, prolly more then a pharmacy carries, lets consider u got 30 concerta in each bottle, and u got 20 bottles. Thats 600 Concerta is my math is right? dude be carefull, b4 u know it u will be stuck in ur room chowing pill by pill every hour, snorting isnt even an option for concerta as it has a very high tech mechanism

I'd just swallow it. Too much of a hassle trying to snort or anything like that. Personally i never really enjoyed concerta too much.

I concluded it's totally useless for both ADD and recreationally regardless of the dosage, its not even helping with sleeplessness at least for me ... what a waste!

as an experienced rec user of adderall, i can say that i have made this 'formula' for my body chemestry.
zero tolerence- 135MG(concerta, non tampered) = 15-20MG Adderall (non tampered, split at score)
The experience is different.
Adderall- Tweaky and rough, euphoric.
Concerta- Smooth and uplifting. (a much better treatment for non adhd related attentiveness.)
Everyones body is different and bioavailability will differ with contents of stomach and body.