• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting conscious sedation. Any suggestions on enhancing it?

Speed King

Bluelighter
Tomorrow-Friday, I am getting a needle shoved in my spine. I decided to receive sedation. Not interested in knowing what's going on with my spine. I didn't bother utfse.
Just wondering if I could sneak anything in to knock me out more or make my time under more euphoric. All replies welcome.

i personally wouldnt add in to the cocktail
not only would it be dangerous especially if you take something, it can interact with whatever they are gonna give you

IME ive had plenty of test done that i had to be sedated and .....whatever they gave me always hit the spot
i was high as shit....nothing beats IV hospital grade fun-ness

but a good old fashioned benzo can add to the fun which ive personally done haha

I had done a procedure where they have gave me a tiny bit of propofol.
It's a milky IV injection that will make you think everything (time) passed in a half second.
I remember waking up right after the injection, but it was in fact 30 minutes later.
Haven't felt absolutely anything, not high, not sleepy. Could hardly believed they had actually done something.
They tell you to count 3 backwards and they they told me I didn't get as far as 2.
It lasts only 15 minutes to one hour, depending on the dose.

When you're getting a procedure done, they are going to ask what medications that you are currently taking. Adding something else to the mix without telling them could be dangerous. I would advise against this from a harm reduction perspective. When I had a liver biopsy done, they gave me midazolam and dilaudid and I was awake and feeling no pain. Save the meds for after the procedure in case you may be sore.

I would not add anything. You don't know what they're giving you. Is it being done in the office or a hospital? If in an office god forbid you have an interaction and they don't have the means or equipment to treat it.

False alarm. The guy gave me 2 mg of versed. I v.
It wasn't pleasant as I thought. I'm glad I ate 20mg Valium and 30 mg temazepam