• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Generic Clonazepam question

Jm014800

Greenlighter
I have been taking 0.5 Clonazepam Teva 832 pills, round and yellow in color.

I switched pharmacies and filled my script I was caught off guard when the pills were orange with a 1 / 2, round, ugly, and appeared to be cheaply made.
I did some research and concluded they are made by Accord Healthcare Inc.

I have noticed that the new pills feel different than my Teva's. I feel the effects faster and they are more short lived. I have also read a lot about some generics being almost fake.

I understand that the FDA regulates generic medication and makes sure they are almost identical to, for this case, Klonipin.

Should I be worried about the new pills not working correctly just because they are a new brand? or am I trippin lol.

Anything helps, thanks/

There's the possibility some are slightly weaker due to the higher discrepancy and potency of this compound where even a 250 ug loss is a dose less. That's unlikely though. The binders may not hold as well and fall apart faster although that also wouldn't make that much a difference.

I'm sure there is some difference, but the worrying about it is probably what's making it noticable. Just make sure the pharmacists doesn't get you this formulation next time.

Bio equivalence regulations require that generics have BA% that is between 80-125%(*) that of the name brand (*it may be 85%-120%) the point is, it’s regulated to be close enough to equivalent as practically possible, and, except in rare cases, there really isn’ A difference, except cheaper binders as mentioned, and perhaps consistency

I got those once, Wal Greens seems to be stocking them. Also got a blue 1mg version that had a “1” on it - I prefer the common greens, or the other blue generic when getting 1mg, so I feel ya, actually-however it’s too late now, and just take care of then, they will work fine/almost certainly ;)

I was gonna say what lorne said... generics have to be 80% as effective as brand name equivalent. Worst case scenario you might feel a bit uncomfortable but most likely you'll be fine.

I got the Teva brand for years but I did occasionally get the Orange pills and noticed no difference. I'm on the 1mg klonopin pill now since last month but I've never noticed a difference in any medicine I've been on except for Fentanyl patches. I felt a huge difference in generic and brand and spent Day 3 in withdrawal.
Just assume there's no difference and then if you notice something drastic talk to your pharmacist. My pharmacist ignored me and ordered what he wanted to so it depends on whether you have a good pharmacist that cares.

I know this is old but, no it is Accord. Crappy pills. It's not you. I got really bad brain zaps from them. Never had that problem before.
There's a thread on drugs.com about it ( https://www.drugs.com/answers/accord-generic-clonazepam-awful-anyone-3417301.html )
Sry mods if I'm not allowed to link and I only bumped this old thread in case others are having issues.
I think we're in class-action territory because it's truly horrendous the suckyness of these pills.
#SAD

I usually get Roche Rivotril name brand but occasionally get Auden generics. Honestly I see no difference between them except I just like having brand name stuff for the novelty of it. It's likely differences between generics are placebo more than anything else but regardless if you want Teva ask the pharmacy for Teva, if they refuse to order it in for you go take your business elsewhere.

I'm not sure how it is in the US but in the UK you can also ask your doctor to write a specific brand name on the prescription and if they do that the pharmacy must order in that brand. So if the doc writes "clonazepam" on the script the pharmacy can give you any generic, but if the doc writes "Rivotril" they have to give you the Rivotril brand.

Old I know but still relevant. I also have been prescribed clonazepam for years, almost all that time they were teva, and worked as expected.
A few times more recently I'd been given the Accord brand from walgreens and agree they are worthless.
They just fall apart into powder in the mouth and had little effect.
After the second time I received Accord I was going to tell them I would no longer accept that brand. But luckily ever since then, it's been Tevas again so I'm happy.
I kept reading that Teva was out of business or just was no longer manufacturing clonazepam anymore, but they must've started up again somehow. Been Teva again for me nearly a year now.