• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants generic adderall (dex) "COR 136" pink pill - NO EFFECT

arthunter888

Bluelighter
My background. I've been an opiate addict for many years, currently about 20mg fentanyl HCL intranasal per day when I get high, but I switch between that and Subutex (1.5mg intranasal per day) to prevent withdrawal. Currently I've been taking the sub for 4 days. I also have a hefty benzo tolerance and have been taking 60mg temazepam + 2mg clonazepam at night for sleep.

So yesterday I was feeling kind of sleepy because I woke up really early (tends to happen when sleep meds wear off overnight). So to get energized to get through the work day I decided to take a 30mg generic aderall, a pink pill labeled "COR 136". Actually as soon as I woke up I took 75mg of DXM (Robotussin) because that helps with the slight benzo withdrawal from the sleep meds wearing off. Then I swallowed the addy pill. Both were as soon as I woke up and on an empty stomach.

It seemed like I didn't feel any effects whatsoever from the 30mg addy. I was a little less tired and more alert during the day, but no euphoria that's typical with amphetamines. I don't have any amphetamine tolerance at all and rarely used them. But in the past when I have used them, I have taken 20mg of 'brand name' adderall (the orange pills) and felt great with those. Energy, euphoria, and lovely tingly waves going up and down my spine for many hours.

So is this "COR 136" brand just a crap brand? Or did something else happen, like the benzos (the night before), or the DXM (the same day) having some kind of counter effect on the generic addy?

What are the possible explanations for why I could feel great from 20mg of brand adderall, but nothing at all from this 30mg generic adderall? thx

I think the benzos reducing some of the effects is most likely. You did get something out of the Adderall, and euphoria is very subjective, so I dont think the brand made a difference.

@arthunter888,

In the years 2008 thru at least 2011/2012 Core Pharmaceutical (Middlesex NJ) has the worst reputation for
producing, by license from Ranbaxy of India, "generic Adderall" instant release, in all doses tabs, for years.
The FDA has many compliants on Ranbaxy of India, on multiple controlled substances, including from their,
2 USA manufacturing facilities. Ranbaxy is not making to the best of my knowledge, any stimulant in 2015/16.

However, Core Pharma, has a license to manufacture brand 100% Dexedrine Spanules ER 10mg, and 15mg, by
having a agreement, with Amendra Pharma of the USA, to re-produce, the now distinct, Glaxo,
Smith,Kine, Dexedrine Spansules, allegedly, at a extremely high price. Whether the quality if up to par with the
1952 to 2010 production run of SKF, SKB, and GSK Dexedine pure 100% , is yet to be seen. They are rare in
the USA due to a radical price increase, when Amedra bought the right to manufacture, as Core being the sub-
contractor, for Dexedrine Spansules.

Just my 2 cents worth,I have been on Adderall brand, by Richwood, 1997 to 2002, brand Shire US, until 2006,
Barr generic, until 2008, and Teva-Barr generic most of the time until the year 2014. I once had 60 x 20mg
of Ranbaxy pink Core generic Adderall, and, received many side effects, including bioavailability issues, uneven
response, and headaches, and even upset stomach. in May of the year 2009. My fellow members of Add org
forums, had also a lot of complaints, with Core Adderall products.

Maybe Core-Amedra joint venture will be better with expensive brand Dexedrine Spansules............the price has
risen, to the moon, since the year 2011. Most USA pharmacies do not stock the new brand anymore. short of a
special order.

Last edited:
yeah, a few years ago when I was really into adderall, both when I had a prescription and when I didn't I remember some people on the street hating the pink COR 136's so much that they'd sell them for way cheaper than they would any other generic Adderal IR 30mg product. I remember having mixed feelings in regards to them because sometimes I'd get them and they'd seem to be way stronger than 30mg, and other times weaker. As the above poster stated, they don't have a great reputation. I also remember at this time (about four years ago now), there had been a big problem with another generic maker of amphetamine salts, I can't remember if it was COR, I think it was someone else, but basically they had fucked up a huge amount of pills that were supposed to have only 30mg in them but actually had way more, or something like that.

@ZacherySwan

First, take whatever brand you feel works best. While I feel there is no difference among the various brands, if a patient feels there is, even if it is placebo or nocebo, the only thing that counts if the person actually takes their meds and feels comfortable doing so.

But let me make some comments and corrections.

I have nothing against ADD/ADHD forums. People can talk to others sharing their condition and some have even called out manufacturers for producing non-equivalent products that FDA later decided the same (see Mallincrodkt generic Concerta). But you also get a lot of completely opposing views regarding one brand vs another that often turns into bickering. I just glanced at one regarding Corepharma generic Adderall IR. The post was started by someone saying it sucks. But you had nearly equal amounts of people agreeing, disagreeing saying Corepharma is the best, and those who said they can tell no difference among any brand. People will shout that Teva generic Adderall IR, Global generic Adderall XR, and Actavis generic Concerta are inferior to the brand name. But each of those generic products is identical to the brand, so it could never be true that the brand name of these are more efficacious. But people naive to this fact could be swayed an wind up wasting time and money trying to get the brand.

While I certainly agree Ranbaxy has an absolutely horrendous manufacturing and business record, they never actually made generic Adderall with Corepharma for the American market. Core had the ANDA and controlled production and Ranbaxy had the distribution rights. And Corepharma does have a pretty good history.

And Corepharma isnt involved with Dexedrine Spansules. Core and Amedra used to be "sister companies" owned by a private equity firm who recently sold it to Impax. Perhaps Impax uses Core for some part of the production of Dexedrine, but I think it is minor at most and probably not at all. Amedra does appear on the new Dexedrine label, but it is made by a separate company called Catalent. The price has gone up a lot though, on that we agree.

These type of situations are so common in Pharma. Raw materials come from one place, its produced by another and distributed and marketed by a third. Even the big boys, the Mercks and Pfizers, play this game. This is one reason why I put no stock in different generics having different effects and truly believe patients feel different when switching brands simply because they believe it is not equivalent.