• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Gbr-13119

I meant if I were to prepare the cinnamyl chloride or anhydride from natural sources. I bought the chloride, so I could have the confidence that, if sigma-aldrich says '99% trans-cinnamyl chloride', then the double bond is indeed, oriented trans. No uncertainty, and that my reagent is pure.

Sometimes I'll make my own reagents, sometimes I'll buy them, it depends what, and why, and the results of a DIY synthesis, as well as what it is going to be for. As well in some cases, how much hassle its going to bee (E.g, I'd buy SOCl2, rather than bugger about combining SO3, Cl2 and more besides at searing hot temperatures, just because its excessively unpleasant to have to do, stinky, nasty, corrosive as hell and red hot tubes with sulfur trioxide needing vaporizing through it in a controlled manner whilst piping the chlorine etc. through and regulating production, flow, etc. all at the same time. Why do so when I can send an email to a contact, pay them and get it sent me reagent grade, no purification needed (tedious, smelly and acrid)

And sekio-THANKS! I really had had trouble finding out about that 'pripsen' piperazine.

Will burn some white or red phosphorus, collect the P2O5 and store the piperazine in my dessicator for a while to make sure it is nice and dry, and then give first the alkylation (because the alkyl group won't be in the least labile to base) and then basing the cinnamylpiperazine and hit it with some lovely, fragrant n-butyric anhydride soon as I've the chance to get to the lab after finishing my current workup of a certain ketone, and a certain beta-nitroalkene to prepare same ketonic compound, reduce to it's saturated derivative and introduce it to either some Fe or some Zn dust in GAA, plus a tad of iron (III) chloride hydrate, and for the effort it's put in for me, give it a wee treat, a nice hot bath at about 80-85 'C for 2.5-3 hours or so shall be run for it;)=D

Any successes with the piperazine compound, I shall of course, report back promptly. Although I'll say it now, I am OPIOID TOLERANT, so whatever would be the active range for me, will not be the active range for one not tolerant to, or dependent upon, MOR agonists.

Mainly looked into the propionyl compound when I took my first look at these, due to N1-propionylpiperazine being not only the starting compound for preparation of DM-235, an extremely interesting nootropic, originally thought to be an AMPAkine, but it now is sounding as though it somehow potentiates AMPAr signalling via an indirect pathway, as an upstream effect, because seemingly it does not bind to any ionotropic GLuRs, and specifically doesn't, reportedly, bind to any allosteric site,but tried making the propionyl homolog of AP-237. Seemed at any of the albeit pretty low doses I'd taken it at to be pretty weak but then again I didn't make much, knowing the n-butyryl derivative was the most potent in the series, or at least that had entered medicine anywhere. And I am pretty tolerant to opioids.