• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GBL tell me more

GBL is sold as a solvent (because it is). It's a prodrug and needs to be converted to GHB in the liver. This makes it not only more taxing on the body but more importantly increases the time to achieve effects.

This can be dangerous and often leads to overdose, which can easily be fatal with this chemical.

The dosing is nearly the same as GHB bit can take 90+ min to feel it.

NEVER redose this drug on impulse. Never combine with other depressants

It is also highly addictive. Don't make it a habit

To me the high feels like a less euphoric boring alcohol. I do not find it that great, but a great sleep and anxiety aid.

Me and many other people have never had the reported libido/dance stimulation or euphoria. I get zero euphoria, but good anxiolytic

Stay safe.

Yeah I just had some a couple of hours ago. If you don't know anything about it then maybe start by learning the basics on PsychonautWiki.

I'd recommend starting with less than 1mL for your very first dose, just to get a feel for it. Also avoid mixing it with opioids, benzos and specially alcohol.

It's actually stronger and has a faster come-up than GHB, which is kind of unusual since it's a pro-drug (your body absorbs it faster, partly due to being more lipophilic than GHB).
It doesn't last long though.

Last edited:
Due to the fact this drug can EASILY kill you, please read up on that site or ask here -----^

I need to stress just how quickly this drug can kill you. Going "oops" with the dose is not acceptable with this drug.

4ml GHB is pleasant. 6ml and I wake up with my face on the floor 5 hours later. Seriously.

NEVER combine with alcohol, opioids, benzos, or any other downer

Am I wrong? I have never done GBL only GHB, that is very counterintuitive?

Glad you corrected me if so.
Yeah it is counterintuitive. For me it kicks in almost as fast as ethanol (but not quite as fast). If I'm not mistaken it also has a higher bioavailability.
There might be some individual variability but it should be metabolized to GHB very very quickly, the process should start even before reaching the liver.
IME it's very short acting (lasts about ~1h) but higher doses might last longer.

Yeah it is counterintuitive. For me it kicks in almost as fast as ethanol (but not quite as fast). If I'm not mistaken it also has a higher bioavailability.
There might be some individual variability but it should be metabolized to GHB very very quickly, the process should start even before reaching the liver.
IME it's very short acting (lasts about ~1h) but higher doses might last longer.
Weird man. I've heard people say GHB kicks in that fast too... Yet I swear it always took 30 min for me to peak

Technically it takes 15 min to peak off alcohol too I guess

Ghb is weird to me idk

Weird man. I've heard people say GHB kicks in that fast too... Yet I swear it always took 30 min for me to peak

Technically it takes 15 min to peak off alcohol too I guess

Ghb is weird to me idk
Now that you mention it, the first time I took GBL I had to wait about 30min to feel anything. Now I feel it kicking in within 5-10min, tops. Maybe gbl increases the expression of lactonases after the first dose, or something like that (but don't quote me on that 8)).
For me alcohol kicks in within 2-3 minutes (except on a full stomach).
But yeah all of them will take at least 30min to 1h to peak.

Everything about GHB is very dose-dependent, and its dose-response relationship is not linear... So even a slightly higher amount can feel much stronger than expected (and last longer), it's the reason why one has to be cautious when redosing.
GBL is pretty much the same but with some extra variables, since there's an extra metabolic step.

Thanks I will make sure I do my research before using is it supposed to be blue
What do you mean? Like, the liquid being blue? lol

Maybe someone put food coloring in it to prevent people from drinking it by mistake.
Pure GBL looks just like water but it's a bit viscous. It has a "solvently" smell but kinda sweet as well, I don't find it unpleasant. It does tastes disgusting though, it has a very chemical taste.

If you bought it on the black market and it tastes salty then it's definitely not GBL, it might be a GHB solution.

Sometimes 1,4-butanediol gets sold as either GBL or GHB because it's much easier to get.

I've heard about blue gbl that's in form of a gel rather than a liquid. I have no idea what has been added to it because I'm not interested in it. Some people claim that it's potency is on par with pure GBL. I find it suspicious.

I've heard about blue gbl that's in form of a gel rather than a liquid. I have no idea what has been added to it because I'm not interested in it. Some people claim that it's potency is on par with pure GBL. I find it suspicious.
Thanks for your reply at least someone has herd of it being blue. It's not quite a gel though more a syrup consistency.

Thanks for your reply at least someone has herd of it being blue. It's not quite a gel though more a syrup consistency.
Yeah, i asked My friend about yesterday. Seems like there's plenty of It currently around here. My friend says he liked It and that it is about as good as the pure stuff, which is clear, slightly viscous liquid. So It should be treated as it was pure. Probably taking anymore than 1,5cc/ml in single dose isn't good idea.