• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

GBL purification or preservation

bench2046

Bluelighter
I bought some GBL recently at first it was strong but latter the effect became weaker and weaker,I put it in a normal amber bottle and keep it in a dry place,How come my GBL seems to be rotten by timeIs there a way to save it like purification or is it the problem comes from my way of presevatiom?Hope some pone can help me to bring back the old GBL with strong effectOr how to make it strongThnkyou for you help

GBL shouldn't degrade easily, especially in a short period of time. It is more likely that you experience tolerance to the drug.

GBL shouldn't degrade easily, especially in a short period of time. It is more likely that you experience tolerance to the drug.

no men, i have tried GBL from my friend and his is working just well

It's a no brainer, use your friend's source to get your G. It could just be a bad batch from your current dealer.

It's a no brainer, use your friend's source to get your G. It could just be a bad batch from your current dealer.

Yeah, thats way im trying to look for someone who are good in chemistry to help me purify the GBL, so next time i can deal with it alone

GBL will not degrade even if you put it in clear bottle and leave it in sunlight for month...
Unless you store it with base inside...

GBL will not degrade even if you put it in clear bottle and leave it in sunlight for month...
Unless you store it with base inside...

Yeah maybe i got the low quality batch, i saw some people here suggest to convert it to GHB and reconvert back to GBL, isnt the process too complacated for noob like me

the main decomposition product of gbl is .... ghb.

likewise ghb can be converted to gbl by acidifying and distilling under vacuum

this is 1st year organic chemistry, really

I have tried GBL of other its kinda stronger than mine, thats why im very curious on how to make it stonger

GBL is GBL, there is no way to make it "stronger" if it is already pure GBL.

I dont know, is there an expiration GBL? How come mine is less potent than others

It's likely your GBL isn't pure and has been diluted with something else. Could be anything from water to mineral oil to glycerine. You'd want to GCMS test it if possible, or maybe titrate it for acidity if you know how to do that.

Ia gave some to my friend and he put it in a beaker and boil it directly over the gas stove, it seems like, after the process the gbl became better than before, is there an expalantion to that