• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GBL first use disaster - is it me or is it the substance???

cucush

Greenlighter
Hi all,
first I need to say that I have some experience with drugs (the experience is not always positive), but mostly with stimulants and psychedelics, not with downers. The only downer I use on a regular basis (once a week) is alcohol. I have never had problems with alcohol, but since not long ago I've noticed that even if I use it responsibly, like 3 brandies during the Saturday night, the next morning really sucks. No hangover, but I feel very much depressed. Might be connected to the fact that I had depression and still recovering from it, so my emotional state might be unstable.
Not long ago one friend of mine told me about a substance, which some people use as a replacement to alcohol, and that was GBL/GHB. I also heard about one Dutch website where it's possible to buy from. So I made a research on this substance, and decided to give it a try. I ordered me a 500 ml bottle of GBL, it came in a plastic bottle, the liquid is colorless, has slightly chemical odour.
I checked the info on dosage, and decided to first try a small amount of it, even lower than 0,5 ml which is known as the amount where recreational effects start from.
I measured 0,3 ml using 1 ml insulin syringe, mixed it with orange juice and made a few sips while being at my computer watching Youtube videos.

I was expecting to feel any effects no earlier than in 15 min., and it was quite possible, I thought, that I wouldn't feel anything at all, as the amount of GBL (0,3 ml) was much lower than they use to achieve the effect. That's what I was expecting, and that's what happened:

So I made a few sips, I drank about a third of the total amount of cocktail, and in 3-4 minutes, to my horror, I started experiencing a very intense kick in, which I only can describe if you imagine you sniffed a very strong high quality poppers many times, and it kicks in - the feeling was VERY intense. My blood pressure seem to rise very quickly, I started to feel hot, and my heart rate increased significantly, which was quite unexpected reaction from a downer. I thought that something is definitely wrong here, ran to the kitchen and managed to drink 4-5 glasses of water, then went to bathroom (still feeling that strange buzz), and managed to induce vomiting.
After I went back to my room, laid on the bed, and I felt better. In some minutes though that feeling returned, like a second heat wave with heart rate increased, not that intense this time. After some time I felt ok.

What do you think? Is it possible at all with GBL?
Today I made some additional research, they say that GBL, in fact, can act as a stimulant at low doses, but never, never can increase your heart rate.
What the hell happened?
I will attach pics of the bottle and the syringe I used, as I understand, it's not allowed to expose the website here, but I will attach a pic from the website on quality of the product.

Have any of you ever experienced something similar?
If some of you have some GBL not being a regular user and not having tolerance to it, can you make such experiment? Dissolve like 0,1 mg (I mixed 0,3 mg, but I drank only about 1/3 of it, so 0,1 mg) of GBL in a drink and drink it. What do you feel?

Last edited by a moderator:
GBL/GHB can indeed increase ytour heart rate, it is not exclusively sedative but also acts as a stimulant by activating the GHB receptor.

Hi all,
...like 3 brandies during the Saturday night, the next morning really sucks. No hangover, but I feel very much depressed. Might be connected to the fact that I had depression and still recovering from it, so my emotional state might be unstable.

I can complete relate to feeling depressed, and I've learnt the hard way. At my worst I was self harming, getting really depressed and attempted suicide! Alcohol is a 'depressant'... It can make you feel good at the starting there's a definite line that gets crossed and lthat causes intoxication to get comely screwed and in a mess (Similar to GBL hoever an adequate dose is crutial otherwise it can be fatal. I have actually lost few friend and acquaintance ftom GBL ODs.

Jusr saying storing your GBL in water bottles and marked drinks especially at parties, is generally bad idea (that could easily kill them if they had a large gulp. Where people are fucked and clumsy.. And also measure your own shot or if the do make sure you what how much are putting in? Also measure your own dose, especially at parties where people are fucked and clumsy... or they might make more sinister idea (like date especially}!

GBL is an incredibly dangerous drug in overdoses... I'm sure it's worsened by those who have had too much at parties and then are litterally left alone to 'sleep it off' (I've observed this multiple time) and people ignore them until they've realised they blue and dead. I've not seen anyone die at a party luckily but I always check the unconscious people at parties who were ieft alone ok (former nurse here). Taking a little bit too much of G can make you people fall into a heavy sleep which is generally not life threarening if they haven't overdosed... keep them on their side (recovery position), if they are gargling and not maintain their airway they could have a respiratory or cardiac arrest... call 911 and start CPR.

GBL/GHB should not be compare to alcohol but it is similar in a way because it acts on GABA receptors, but try are very different drugs... the recreational dose of GBL is around 0.5. 1-5 ml (I'm not recommending these dosages and every one is different and will react diffentlly. So take it slow and another important thing to do is to not redose again for a least a hour.... esspecially if think your not feeling the shot.it make accumulate in your body and you could go over.

When your high on G you feel energetic, talkative, empathic, want to dance and sexual enhancement (the horn) and desire. Higher doses creaed 'drunkenness' confusion and unconsciousness. People usually measure their dose using syringe to accurately measure it. People then usually squirt it into a drink such as a soda or fruit juice. It tasre nasty and it burns so take it as a shot rathere than drinking slowly and swisgphing It round your mouth... bad for your mouth and teeth!

What I have yet mention importantly. Yes G can be extremely psychologically and physically addictive after long term use with people using 24/7 and even have to make up to take a shot. This happens with daily users after some time so beware! I've never experienced it myself but have seen others who have really struggled through withdrawal . Just take care and give yourself breaks between uses and sleep and eat.

MY GOLDEN RULES OF GBL

1. Keep it in a suitable container away from children and so it doesn't get confused with other drinks
2. Never mix GBL wilh alcohol {could be fatal)
3. Start low if you don't know yiur tolerance
4. Never redose within the hour even if you think your dose is not strong enough
5. Measure your own doses or watch some on else do it for you (it is a date rape drug)
6. Stay together with friends and look out for each other.
7. If someone has overdosed. Don't leave them alone. Turn them on the side (recovery position) and call for help.
8. Gently tilt their head back (ubkess they've had a neck or back injuries) to open the airway.
9. Stay with them and try to keep the pin warm with a coat until help arrives
10. Tell the paramedic what happen and what she's taken... they won't get in trouble if they don't have any drugs on them * hint hint*

hope this helps!

I deleted the pictures as you could see the name of the vendor
didn't notice that, sorry. Can I remove the vendor's name and reupload?
Like this:
13114840m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13151707m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13154779m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
GBL/GHB can indeed increase ytour heart rate, it is not exclusively sedative but also acts as a stimulant by activating the GHB receptor.
ok, but I had it very intense in 3-4 min. - is that normal?
Did anyone on here experience something similar to this?

It was to my understanding that GBL was a stimulant, I heard the term liquid ecstasy being prescribed to it and was told 1-2 ml in some coca cola and never use with alcohol. Can be fatal and never go over the prescribed dosing. I have used gbl maybe five to six times and its one drug I would advise to tread careful with. Took to much one night and yea puked my entire stomach up. The smell from it was unreal like as someone already mention the stuff smells horrible to begin with and tastes nasty when you drink it. It was my own fault on that occassion as I was trying to see what was my cutting off point with it so I learned something that night. Passed out before but that was k again went over the limit and just could not stay awake and was compelled to just lie and bang, gone.

You might just have to get use to it mate. Would not be a favourite of mine. Take care dude.

Hmmm... What also is strange is that when I dissolved 0,3 mg of it in about 100-150 ml of orange juice - the taste wasn't nasty at all!

"Normally" you should hardly feel any effects with this dose and it also takes a longer time to the peak.
Not GBL or your body is allergic against it.
A test of the substance with a testkit would bring some light in this thing.

Hey, just something that might be worth double checking, is that an 1 ML or 10 ML syringe ? Would there be a chance that you are measuring 3 ML instead of 0.3 ML ? Also you should consider putting your vendors name on google and searching for review or other experiences from that vendor, it might be a bad one... and if that's not enough go get a test kit, if you think that's not actually GBL or very unpure, it's best to just dispose it and forget about it, your health/harm reducting should come first.

GBL/GHB is known as 'liquid ecstasy' so yeah, it can have those kind of effects. in higher doses it has a strong sedative effect which a lot of the bad press attributed to the drug is due to (OD's, date-rapes etc., etc.).

GBL/H is mkind of a bitch like that, the dosing has to be soooo precise. i went to one party in Vauxhall once and there were two gay medical students measuring out tailor-made doses for other people inbetween bumps of meth.

Last edited: