• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GBL and Benzo Addiction

BritishLad

Bluelighter
I'm addicted to valium sadly, on 20mgs a day. I feel it a bit but the dose I'm on it's just so I can get through without withdrawals. Am I safe to use GBL when I'm addicted to benzo and take my valium? I'm also on quetiapine which worrys me as well.
I know it's bad to mix GBL with anything but if I'm addicted to them and using them at a medical level I wonder if I'm safe.
I'm sure red vain kratom is a bad idea to use while using GBL though. Please shed some light on my situation :) Because I once took my pregabalin and quentiapine and valium to close together. 10mg valium, 25mg pregabalin + 600mg quentiapine to close together and was REALLY out of it, thought I overdosed so I'm a bit nervous knowing how strong G is.

Last edited:
If 25mgs of pregabalin (which is a small dose) alongside half of your new valium dose caused a negative reaction with your daily dose of seroquel I suggest passing on the GBL, or at the very least saving the pregab and seroquel for afterwards. I have never taken seroquel with GBL so I can't speak on how these interact, however I have taken low doses of valium with GHB and it can get very tricky in regards to synergy and black outs.

I mean given that you have tolerance to the diazepam, should you avoid taking anything else during the effects of the GBL you should be able to get away with low to moderate doses of GBL. However dosing has to be measured precisely and titrated upwards at a pace that gives you an idea of how much the two will potentiate each other.

Given your odd reaction to taking fairly low doses of your daily meds too closely though (with the exception of quietiapine dose, though I assume you're used to that much?), I would skip the GBL to play it safe. I might catch flak for this, but tbh it's nothing special anyways ;).

If You are prescribed the Seroquel Valium and Lyrica you need to try to quit the GPL. That's a high dose of Seroquel.

That reaction was unusual true, but it's the only negative one I've had. Mainly due to taking 600mg quentiapine so close together, I usually space it out but didn't that space it out as you said. Other than that never had a bad experiance, apart from increased anxiety of course. Oh and sorry I should've said it's actually 50mg three times a day. It was 25mg it was lowered due to increased anxiety.

That combination of substances sounds awfully sedating. Without even taking safety into account, I wouldn't see much point adding GBL to the mix unless you want to drool on yourself and pass out.

Adding GBL is to help with the pregabalin anxiety and for enjoyment. Sounds like everyone agree the benzos and qutiapine are a bad idea, and that I'd be fine with just the pregabalin?

Like your alcohol thread you seem to only read what you want to read.

You should pass on the gbl.