Mental Health Gaslighting, going crazy.

Barrenian

Bluelighter
I go to a local hospital for my healthcare. There is a customer help line I often call for assistance. I called today to ask for access to the "patient portal" which allows you to see you records online and you can also message doctors and things like that. I called, a guy answered. I asked him for access to patient portal. He said he needed my email and I gave it. He told me he needed it for me to access the portal, and he said he sent the email in which I can sign up and gain access to patient portal. I hang up. Thirty minutes go by, no email. I call back, same line, same service, but a woman answers. I say (just to see if I was lied to by someone, because every person has a different answer for the same question) "hi, I was on your website and noticed there is a patient portal, how can I gain access?" JUST LIKE WITH THE FIRST GUY. She said, "Sir, you have be in the doctors office to gain access to that. You have to ask at your appointment." I say, "Well, I just spoke to a guy 30 minutes ago who took my info and said he sent me the email for sign up. You just bold faced lied to me." She said no. SOMEONE FUCKING LIED TO ME!!! Either that or I'm BEING FUCKED WITH! THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKWITS!!!! I heard the first guy fucking typing the info in.

Was I lied to??????

I don't think I'm following here. Did something occur elsewhere in your life that makes you think these people have lied to you? From an outside perspective, I don't know that anyone lied to you so much as perhaps getting their information wrong or mixed up. I mean, gaslighting normally occurs in the context of some relationship (friendship, love, work), and from what I can tell you don't know these people.

To add, every patient portal I accessed worked by providing my email address.

Maybe the first person honestly tried to assist you but somehow failed or didn't have an understanding how it works. I would try calling them back and ask if they can walk you through the process. If you accuse them of lying, they may not be so eager to help so go easy on them.

I get that you often use this hospital for your care. I presume you know some of workers there and perhaps you have spoken to the workers at the call center on occasion before. I just don't see how this would be considered gaslighting. At least, not unless these people at the hospital and/or the call center have demonstrated that they are trying to wield some control over you, and they're using other forms of manipulation in tandem with what you've explained to make you doubt your perception for an even larger underlying reason.

If you accuse them of lying, they may not be so eager to help so go easy on them.
If they aren't liars then they shouldn't be affected. It is their JOB to serve people who call. I ask a question, explain my situation, AND THEY MUST ANSWER. Your answer right there, is why the hospital I go to is so fucked up. You brush the doctor, or anyone who works there the wrong way, and the arbitrarily decide you are unworthy of their help, even though IT IS THEIR FUCKING JOB! "I don't like this person, I deem him unworthy, despite that he has payed me and it is MY JOB to help him." FUCKING BULLSHIT!

At least, not unless these people at the hospital and/or the call center have demonstrated that they are trying to wield some control over you, and they're using other forms of manipulation in tandem with what you've explained to make you doubt your perception for an even larger underlying reason.

And you, CHELLE216. THEY do it cause they are SHITTY FUCKING PEOPLE! That is all. No huge conspiracy. They are just shit bag assholes. They contradict themselves constantly. It is either incompetence of dishonesty. The doctors, the fucking doctors, if they don't know you have access to your records, they will deny that they have written things THEY HAVE IN FACT WRITTEN. If you ask a question about your health, that is documented in your records, they will deny it. And when they deny it, if you CONFRONT THEM with the info in the record THAT THEY PUT, THEY FUCKING GET GLOSSY EYED AND LOOK SHOCKED! FUCKING ASSHOLES! I LOVE CATCHING THESE SCUMS IN LIES! Fucking shit ass government run shit care plantation run hospital SUCKS! No help, anywhere. No doctor will treat my pain. I call around "We are not taking new patients" or "First time visit is over 9000 FUCKING DOLLARS." I am in fucked. I am in a hole, and the doctors offer a ladder to get you out of hole, at the PRICE OF BOTH YOUR ARMS! I WILL FUCKING KILL MYSELF SOMEDAY! I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN! NEVER ENDS! FUCK THEE SHIT BAG CUNT FUCKS!

How THE FUCK, do all these drug fiend fucks get doctors to give them ANYTHING, but I can't even get some fuckin mortrin. BULLSHITT! Round after round of physical therapy and constant anti useless depressants. THE SHIT DON'T WORK! I say that and they THINK IT"S FUNNY! THEY SMILE! WITH SHIT EATING GRINS! I AM GOING ON MY THIRD DOCTOR! LETS SEE WHAT THIS ASSHOLE SAYS! MAYBE HE WILL ASK ME TO DO KARATE, LIKE THE LAST ONE, WHOSE DUMB ASS FACE I LAUGHED IN! Karate, fucking karate????? HOW THE FUCK IS THAT GUY A DOCTOR? I can't stand for 20 minutes without HELL PAIN!

Last edited:
Hmm, tough situation- I know it's not always feasible but if you can't put faith in who you're seeing why not try to find an alternative facility with different staff that meets your needs? I think what you've explained goes for just about anywhere if there is some sort of fundamental misunderstanding. Personally, I've found that everytime I've either complained or questioned doctors, I have benefited in no way whatsoever.

Also, if you're in the US, new pain prescribing guidelines have been set forth by the CDC, most people are finding they're having a difficult time getting adequate prescription pain relief. Granted, prescribing karate for pain seems kinda unusual, and I think most people in general would balk. It's really important to follow through with what they're telling you in terms of medicine or physical therapy, because jumping around to different drs comes off as drug seeking.

Last edited: