• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

gabapentin

no_id

Bluelighter
Hi I will try gabapentin (not lyrica) this afternoon (france), what's the dose ? I heard various stuff beetween 400 and 1600mg ???
I'm in my parent house so I want to stay conscious and have a somewhat fonctionnal memory tracking of event if possible

thx

sorry if the question was already answered but I didn't found what's the effect of 1400/1600mg if I will be fucked to the point my parent will notice

Gabapentin has a subtle recreational value in the sense that it won't get you "fucked up," per say, but it's a different kind of high. At 1,500mg, you'll definitely be uplifted. You'll probably enjoy having conversations with those (if anyone) around you, and you'll be in a good mood. It does have slight sedative effects, so might feel off-balance or have the "rubber legs" feeling that a lot of users report.

It definitely has an effect on being sociable, personally I feel as if my conversations are really random but insightful on them. Gabapentin can also cause slight visual effects, for example, sometimes I see things in my peripheral vision but of course when I look, nothing's there. It's a trick on the eyes.

Instead of taking your dose all at once, try staggering it into two separate doses. This means you can ease into the feeling. I get the feeling that this is your first time taking it. Although Gabapentin usually requires a decent dose to produce recreational effects, not everyone is affected by a "set" dose. 1,600mg for you may be a lot different than 1,600mg for an experienced user.

Also keep in mind that if you enjoy the feeling from Gabapentin, tolerance tends to build rapidly. If you don't wait too long after doing it, you might need more to produce the same effects.

You should be fine around your parents, it doesn't kick in immediately, actually it begins to feel noticeable after an hour or so for me.

If it's your very first time, start low. The 1.6g mark is appropriate and I doubt that it would render you fucked up in any visible way. Give the drug a couple of hours to set in, make sure you eat a little something before taking it, if you're not where you want to be, you can always take more. I would always recommend consuming Gabapentin post-meal. It's effects are mediated greatly by lipid/fat content of the stomach. I've read this and I know it to make a significant difference from experience.

For reference's sake, people commonly take dosages of 4g - 5g. This doesn't mean you should for your first time, I just feel that you should be aware that the drug in question has a pretty wide "therapeutic index".

I took 1400mg and felt 0 interesting effect, was only a bit fucked up benzo way but that wasn't great.

Took 450mg Lyrica (pregabalin) yesterday, felt effect but that was pure shit imo.

I prefer benzo and I said that whithout finding why the fuck they are interesting, but at least they don't make you feel like shit.

Will not repeat the experience.

Aside that, I'm actually on 300mg Tramadol ER, long, subtle yet great high, good surprise, because my other try 1 or 2 years ago was BS at 250mg.

Last edited:
I think I felt the serotonin activity of tramadol is this normal ? I thought it was negligible... I got slightly the typical serotonin sensation in my throat...

If you take any SSRI or SNRI drugs, don't use tramadol with them. It can cause serotonin sydrome, seizures, etc. You didn't say, but I thought I'd mention it. Save somebody a trip to er.