Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Gabapentin + Xanax

silver_lining

Bluelighter
5pm - 600mg Gabapentin;
6pm - 600mg Gabapentin;
9pm- 0.50mg Xanax

I had ZERO tolorence to both, as it had been well over a month with out any benzo or gaba.

Around 7pm i felt the gaba kick in, it's nice, takes away anxiety & helped with my back pain from driving 900 miles in 2 days.
8pm I smoked a bunch of Hash & Weed, got the munchies and at a huge mexican dinner & some churros.
9pm. Put .5 xanax under my tongue. I swear with-in 5 minutes I was super euphoric, to the point of a little dizzy spell.
9:15: smoked more pot. Must of passed out sometime shortly after this.
Midnight: Woke up in my sofa & went directly to bed.
8am: Awoke with very little grogginess, felt good and WOW what a great night sleep!

I probably wont use either of these substances for another month, as to not give any sort of chance for physical or mental addiction/dependency issues to arise. Been there, done that & won't go back.

All in all, i love Gabapentin. I can take it at work and it does not interfere at all. And knowing that at the end of a Gabapentin day if i take a very small dose of benzo it's lights out is a very awesome tool for me to have. I'd much rather do this than ambien for sleep, and although i love Soma, it's a bit to recreational for work and Gaba seems to be just as good of a pain reliever/muscle relaxer even tho it's technically not.

Cheers y'all

Cool, even 100 mgs of gabapentin can really potentiate a benzo. 1200 mgs would totally be strong. I do not take benzos a lot so tolerance would not come into play. But yes, when i need to knock myself out it is 300 mgs of gabapentin and either .5 mgs of alprazolam or 1 mgs of etizolam and it keeps me down for 8 hours. If I take anymore gabapentin than that along with a benzo I can wake up with a hangover regardless of the benzo half life.

Someday maybe we will understand how a calcium channel blocker causes such interesting states. It did not seem to do that 30 years ago when every had a prescription for neurontin. Most didn't blink an eye. But I also hope to find something in nature that feels like 1800 mgs of gabapentin or 300 mgs of pregabalin.

I am definitely going to adjust the dose next time. Probably just drop the benzo down to a silly dose of .25 (hahahaha i'm laughing too, but holy potentiation!)

That was a fun evening tho. And a great night sleep, with very little morning fog at all. Much safer than what i'm capable of lol.

Gabapentin is subtle on it's own, but it seems to be decent to mix with other stuff.
Ever since I read about how doctors had to be careful that people were taking doses of Gabapentin and Pregabalin together and achieving adverse effects like euphoria, that has been my go to on the rare occasions I do the stuff. 100mg Gabapentin and 75mg Pregabalin is noticeable and a little more than subtle. Still best as a "mixer".

Gabapentin is subtle on it's own, but it seems to be decent to mix with other stuff.
Ever since I read about how doctors had to be careful that people were taking doses of Gabapentin and Pregabalin together and achieving adverse effects like euphoria, that has been my go to on the rare occasions I do the stuff. 100mg Gabapentin and 75mg Pregabalin is noticeable and a little more than subtle. Still best as a "mixer".
it will be subtle at those dose i get 75mg tabs and have 7 or 8 for a nice buzz works well with codeine and ksalol

If you want to get the most out of your gabapentin, consider taking it in smaller doses and more frequently, for example take 150mg every fifteen minutes for an hour. I've personally get the best results from doing it that way (with 200mg, as I get 800mg tablets), and if you're really trying to the most bang for your buck don't take more than 300/400mg per hour. As the dose increases the bioavailability decreases, so any more than that ends up being a waste.

If you want to get the most out of your gabapentin, consider taking it in smaller doses and more frequently, for example take 150mg every fifteen minutes for an hour. I've personally get the best results from doing it that way (with 200mg, as I get 800mg tablets), and if you're really trying to the most bang for your buck don't take more than 300/400mg per hour. As the dose increases the bioavailability decreases, so any more than that ends up being a waste.
yh I should clarify I don't take all at one usually around 225/300mg then a similar dose 3/4 hours later but that's usually with coke as well

yh I should clarify I don't take all at one usually around 225/300mg then a similar dose 3/4 hours later but that's usually with coke as well
Right on. I was really high when I read your response and thought you were talking about gabapentin, but it makes a lot more sense when I realized you were talking about Lyrica (pregabalin). It doesn't have the same shitty bioavailability and absorption issues so it doesn't need to be staggered to get the most out of it.

You are talking about Lyrica (pregabalin), right?

Right on. I was really high when I read your response and thought you were talking about gabapentin, but it makes a lot more sense when I realized you were talking about Lyrica (pregabalin). It doesn't have the same shitty bioavailability and absorption issues so it doesn't need to be staggered to get the most out of it.

You are talking about Lyrica (pregabalin), right?
yh pregablin they sometimes give me a different brand than lyrica but i find it a very subtle calming high almost like smoking a fat blunt and then having a small alcoholic beverage.

is there much of a difference in the actual high?

Between namebrand Lyrica and generic pregabalin, no there shouldn't be any real difference. Gabapentin, on the other hand, has to be dosed somewhat tediously to get the most out of it. It also yields a somewhat dirtier high, and doesn't last nearly as long.

Lyrica (pregabalin) is a far superior drug, in my opinion.

Between namebrand Lyrica and generic pregabalin, no there shouldn't be any real difference. Gabapentin, on the other hand, has to be dosed somewhat tediously to get the most out of it. It also yields a somewhat dirtier high, and doesn't last nearly as long.

Lyrica (pregabalin) is a far superior drug, in my opinion.
thanks for response I'll make sure my Dr keeps me on pregabalin I only use it for the buzz anyway

As far as GABAergics go, if you're looking for a buzz then I think you've done pretty well with a pregabalin script. The caveat there is I haven't tried GHB, so I can't compare it to that, but phenibut, baclofen, and gabapentin aren't really worth trying if you have pregabalin.

Enjoy, and be safe friend!

God that actually sounds like an amazing high right about now.
Gabapentin and pregabalin both do feel amazing. Mild sedative but a little happy and up. Larger doses give a large mood lift.
However, they both raise tolerance shockingly fast. In me, they also give a mild but quite real mood crash/withdrawal after just a couple days. So they give a nice effect, but that's likely almost gone after a few days or a week.