• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin withdrawal advice?

Hey guys, I have been a long time blue light lurker and have gained a lot of great info here over the years. If this post is in the wrong place, or a mod believes it will get more attention elsewhere please feel free to move it. I kicked a serious IV fent/dope habit two years ago and have been struggling with escalating my gabapentin dose and being dependent for the last six months. I started at 300mg three times a day about a year ago and am currently prescribed 600 x3. It’s almost embarrassing to admit that this drug has me by the balls. I have been ripping everything I can off the street and am consuming around 4 to 5 thousand mg a day at this point. Early on it worked wonders for me while I worked through some really difficult shit mentally. I feel as though I could do without it at this point but am terrified of withdrawing. It probably doesn’t help that all I read are horror stories. I do know that if I go a day without, as I sometimes am forced to do I have zero appetite/motivation/sleep. As I said, I have kicked some 2-3 gram a day dope habits multiple times in my life. And have abstained for periods up to 15 years from them. Is there is any advice anyone can give? Or any direction to point me in? I am amazed at how little is known about this substance. And how little information there is about dependence/withdrawal. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you
U need to taper slowly, when u get to 900 or 600mg a day. U just have to tough out the wds with paracetamol and some dxm helped me quit.

If youve only ever taken one day off then you might be surprised at how insignificant your withdrawal is once you take the plunge. I've been going through long binge cycles with gaba mostly on days for 4-5yrs. I'll go for up to 3months at a time of daily use. Everytime I fear a bad withdrawal but I've found for me personally that yeah it kinda sucks for a week but it's not that difficult to taper down over a few weeks and stop with mostly just feeling on edge, little to no sleep and lack of energy and brainfog. For me personally it's not anywhere near opiate withdrawal and absolutely not on par with benzos. I guess what I'm saying is that you won't know till you try and it's best not to build it up in your head.

Alcohol does help the anxiety but I'm not sure that the rebound, cumulative effect I experience because I tend to binge drink helps very much. Maybe kava could help. I personally find kava to be a great substance.
Yeah I have it built up in my head real bad. 2 years ago I kicked a 2g iv dope habit cold. I remember talking to you quite a bit during that time. For some reason I am terrified of this. Maybe it’s because I have two young kids and think I need it to deal. Perhaps I’m just destined to be addicted to something. Whatever it is I’m sure I’ll get through. The mental game is a fucker though. Hope you are well!

U need to taper slowly, when u get to 900 or 600mg a day. U just have to tough out the wds with paracetamol and some dxm helped me quit.
Thanks man. I remember reading your thread about it. That’s part of what is freaking me out lol. I can get by fine on 2400 without any issue other than not being able to sleep for shit. The only thing I have to help with that is fucking colondine. I’m going to stay at this and drop to 1800 in a day or two and see what happens with that.

Thanks man. I remember reading your thread about it. That’s part of what is freaking me out lol. I can get by fine on 2400 without any issue other than not being able to sleep for shit. The only thing I have to help with that is fucking colondine. I’m going to stay at this and drop to 1800 in a day or two and see what happens with that.
Wwll tbh , I have other ailments and I'm very weak atm. Thsts y it's harder for me but u shunt have much trouble with it man. Just go easy. Since gabapentinoids are the drugs I use to cope for the wds of other drugs this time was different. I used paracetamol, DXM and clorphenamine. I'm ngl it was a week of hell but after that I was fine. The only shit that stuck for a lil bit longer was the inability to sleep, besides that I think it wasn't that bad after all.

M

Thanks man. I remember reading your thread about it. That’s part of what is freaking me out lol. I can get by fine on 2400 without any issue other than not being able to sleep for shit. The only thing I have to help with that is fucking colondine. I’m going to stay at this and drop to 1800 i

Thanks man. I remember reading your thread about it. That’s part of what is freaking me out lol. I can get by fine on 2400 without any issue other than not being able to sleep for shit. The only thing I have to help with that is fucking colondine. I’m going to stay at this and drop to 1800 i
Get some dxm trust me and paracetamol, it will be a bit rough the first 3 days then not thst bad. If u can get a benzo script or a few pills just for a week, it'd be good. Never mind about me, I gitva lot of health problems thats y it was hard for me but if u follow what I'm saying it shunt be that bad 👍

I got in trouble with gaba chasing the high off it in the end, it was given to me for anxiety and I use to forget to take it daily and I had a huge surplus of pills then I found out by doubling ++ my dose over an 90 minute spans you’d get a nice buzz from them , I did it frequently enough that high doses were normal till I decided to slow down on all my meds ( tramadol,Valium,gaba) …I tapered down to my prescribed dose and then before lowerering I wanted to get dosing down to twice a day instead of three times a day then I started lowering the amount I was taking , I think I jumped off at splitting 100 mg capsules for two doses of 50 mg..
If I was to take a 100mg of gaba today , I wouldn’t feel right till the weekend ,( I feel pill sick like if I tapered too fast) anxiety,nervous tension..it’s not the worst withdrawal feeling I’ve had but “you’ll remember it”