• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin tolerance after brief phenibut use, should there be any?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Because Gabapentin is insanely more potent as a VGCC agonist I've read that there shouldn't be much of one. I'd ran out my Gabapentin script early after taking extra to deal with Valium withdrawals. My doctor had cut my script and I was suffering for a week, but I was able to just have another doctor fill it because they realized he's an idiot who doesn't know anything about these meds.

I took 750mg Phenibut the last 2 nights, and it's from December 2022 so may have expired and lost potency. Even then, I still noted waking up with restless legs, so I'd have to wonder how I do with Gabapentin? I was going to take like, 1.2g. I prefer to do a recreational dose once or twice a week but I had to be taking a lot in the benzo withdrawal period because the tremors were so bad I feared I was nearing a seizure.

From what I understand Gabapentin is simply a much stronger drug and actually it seems more people prefer this and Lyrica over Phenibut, I've never taken Lyrica. The only thing really of note for Phenibut is the full GABA-B agonism, Gabapentin only partially binds to A and B. I think I read Gabapentin is like 500x stronger as a VGCC inhibitor and most of what it does is through this.

I was down to 300mg Gabapentin the last 2 nights so that's all I'd taken. 600mg the nights before. I believe the last time this happened, I'd gone to 300mg, none for a night and then 900mg destroyed me. I already felt a high on 900mg last week which is the prescribed dose after I'd gone back to that from a higher amount which is weird. I think my expectations for a Gabapentin high are generally lower, but I would expect to feel pretty good tonight at least.

Well it looks like I already accidentally took 1.5g, apparently I took one like 10, 15 minutes after a previous because I just counted them 85/90. CVS is notorious for shorting me on these though, when I used to get 180 100mg capsules I'd usually have a few missing, probably some druggy sneaking a few for themselves gradually. Although I don't know how they'd get away with it. I am pretty sure I did take one by mistake though. I need to get a piece of paper and just draw a slash every time I take one, or notepad. I document my doses on notepad of any drug I use so I might as well just put dashes. I imagine I'll probably absorb very little of that one. 600mg taken at once you absorb 33% of, so I'd guess since there wasn't the full half hour delay I probably absorbed like 10% more of it maybe? I don't really understand the 30 minute stagger, like why 30 minutes exactly, some people suggest 45 but I try to hit either mark since I might go over 30 minutes.

It's wild how taking 600mg at once you absorb only 18mg more than if you took 300mg (180mg vs 198mg). Pharmaceutical companies should really specify the importance of staggering because there do exist 400 and 600mg tablets of Gabapentin and a lot of people prescribed it for nerve pain and such are often instructed to take 600 at once 3x a day, like my uncle for instance.

Last edited:
Because Gabapentin is insanely more potent as a VGCC agonist I've read that there shouldn't be much of one. I'd ran out my Gabapentin script early after taking extra to deal with Valium withdrawals. My doctor had cut my script and I was suffering for a week, but I was able to just have another doctor fill it because they realized he's an idiot who doesn't know anything about these meds.

I took 750mg Phenibut the last 2 nights, and it's from December 2022 so may have expired and lost potency. Even then, I still noted waking up with restless legs, so I'd have to wonder how I do with Gabapentin? I was going to take like, 1.2g. I prefer to do a recreational dose once or twice a week but I had to be taking a lot in the benzo withdrawal period because the tremors were so bad I feared I was nearing a seizure.

From what I understand Gabapentin is simply a much stronger drug and actually it seems more people prefer this and Lyrica over Phenibut, I've never taken Lyrica. The only thing really of note for Phenibut is the full GABA-B agonism, Gabapentin only partially binds to A and B. I think I read Gabapentin is like 500x stronger as a VGCC inhibitor and most of what it does is through this.

I was down to 300mg Gabapentin the last 2 nights so that's all I'd taken. 600mg the nights before. I believe the last time this happened, I'd gone to 300mg, none for a night and then 900mg destroyed me. I already felt a high on 900mg last week which is the prescribed dose after I'd gone back to that from a higher amount which is weird. I think my expectations for a Gabapentin high are generally lower, but I would expect to feel pretty good tonight at least.
I used Baclofen against the panic attacks just after 5 x using BP, now I am on 0.5 gram a day to get the fears away, next week 0,4 gram the week ater taht 0.3 gram and I have no idea what will happen, I had phobias all my life, so this stuff was made for me, see, I started buying it caspsules 200mg around christmass, (Ilive in the Netherlands, so I get the best quality also) I drank,l took benzo's with it, and was crazy as F***, I ran like the town drunk shouting to people if they wanted to fight me, because all my fear was gone, I mean gone, and I used Rohypnol in the eighties, but this shit, is stronger then Flunitrazepam man, so I had some baclofen left, and when I took 100mg of it I wasn't hooked, now after a few panic attacks and taking baclofen, I got hooked on this also, it is craazy stuff this PB, now I buy 25 gramms for 35 euro, and hope I can stick with under 0.5 gram, I live day by day now,

Last edited: