• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin/ Pregabalin

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, so in the next day or two I will be more than likely be prescribed for Gaba/ Pregab. for nerve damage I've suffered after shoulder surgery.

I'm already taking Codeine/ Dihydrocodeine, Naproxen, Paracetamol, Etizolam and rarely Tramadol.

I've had Gabapentin in the past and it has offered me no relief from the pain at all, so I stopped taking them for a while which built up a small 'stash' of them. At this point I had read about the recreational value of them so thought to myself I may as well try it out for my self.

T-0:00 - 300mg
T-1:00 - 300mg - No effect
T-1:30 - 300mg - No effect still
T-2:30 - 600mg - Slight loss of balance, no euphoria/ relief of pain.
T-3:30 - 300mg - Still no noticeable effects, decided to stop at this point.

Now my questions is was my dosages correct? Can some people achieve some form of euphoria from this and others not?

Also final questions is that I plan on stopping my RC Benzo usage (2 weeks of ~ 6mg Etizolam per day) will the Gaba./ Pregab. help with any rebound anxiety?

Thanks and any other input is gladly appreciated.

Gaba will be a god send when you decide to quit benzos.

It took me a week or two to get high off gabapentin. Its very subtle, but very enjoyable. I wouldnt say you get high, more just a sense of well being, very calm, and my sex drive gos up like crazy.

1,800mg of gabapentin is not an excessively high dose. I would often take 4g when I was looking for a noticeable high or to mitigate the effects of opioid/alcohol withdrawal. The tricky thing regarding gabapentin is the rather large fluctuation in bioavailability based upon lipid/fat content of the stomach. There have been times where I have ingested my 4g dose and felt nothing, zero effects. I did a little bit of research and came to the conclusion that I should eat something high in fat prior to dosing and this solved the problem.

I have found this method to work perfectly. I take a good-sized spoonful of peanut butter about 10 minutes prior to ingesting half of my dose, whatever that may be and repeat the process about 30 minutes later with the other half. It hasn't failed me yet. I suggest you try it and raising your dose slightly to experience the full range of recreational effects this drug has to offer.

I politely disagree with Larc, in that it shouldn't take a week or two to experience positive effects from gabapentin. When dosed right, they come on acutely (within 2-3 hours). However, it is still possible that you - OP - might not experience the same recreational effects that others describe. Everyone is different, but give this a shot before quitting the gabapentin, as it has the potential to make a world of difference when dealing with withdrawal from either opioids or sedative/hypnotics.

Be aware though, that tolerance builds rapidly with both gabapentin and pregabalin and if you are using high doses of either, you will generally be experiencing severely diminished returns by the 3rd consecutive day of use and it can take up to a week of abstinence to fully reset, even from just a couple of days of use.

I forgot to add that pregabalin, unlike gabapentin, does not feature the same range of bioavailability. It's pretty efficient and reliable no matter what's in your stomach.

Im sure I was high prior, it just took me a couple weeks to pick out exactly what was different.

Good post Kief, there always seems to be a lack of good info on gabapentin and you filled a blank or two in for me.

Thanks folks, gave me some great info there on where to go next with it.

Should I potentiate/ synergize it with anything? Or just take it as it is?

Thanks again.