• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin post methadone

radar3559

Greenlighter
Started from 105 ml and tapered down to .1 ml. 5 days after my last dose of methadone .1 ml i started feeling a little anxious and some RLS. Went to the DR and she gave me 60 300 mg Gabapentin. I know what Gabapentin is used primarily for (nerve pain) but have never heard of a Dr prescribing it for post acute withdrawal symptoms. She said take 1 twice a day. I took 4 and shortly after passed out and slept like a baby for over 12 hrs. Anyone had a similar prescription for methadone withdrawal?

Yes, it was back when I was still fighting the clinic, the GABA def helps w the withdrawal, doesn't make it fun, but "more" tolerable.

C-lak

Neurontin will help smooth out the edges during opiate withdrawl, as it acts on gaba-b receptors, it will help alleviate anxiety as well.
I'm a very experienced drug addict I should say, and I always have a stash of neurontin on the side, it goes good for a number of things, i would like taking it to prevent a seizure from other drugs I'm doing that may lower the threshold as it's also used as for seizures.
It works well for coming off of stimulants as well to lessen the crash , to a degree.
For me atleast, it acts as a potentiator when used with opiates, esp. Buprenorphine in my case.
Most of all, i like to use it in general for my anxiety disorder, as I stopped taking benzos, i find it to have slight similarities to benzos, just at a smaller degree.
It works and is prescribed for nerve pain, which I use for pain as I have metal rods in my leg from getting hit from a car and.breaking my hip, pelvis, femur, tibia and fibia.

Neurontin is very friendly stuff and I recommend it for a number of things! It will def. Help for opiate withdrawl, better than clonidine in my opinion. I would recommend taking between 400-800mg for the first time,if you feel.no difference, increase by 400mg.

I talk to a lot of people who like to take over 1000mg at once , i advise against doing that because too much can be quite uncomfortable. I know for me, 800mg is plenty enough at one time,every ones tolerance is different however.