• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin/Neurotin Question (please read)

FN57

Greenlighter
Is there a ceiling dose one could get from staggering to obtain a high and no longer get any higher no matter how much more you take?. Im not new here i know BL is harm reduction. I also know its very hard to OD if at all possible. Back to my question. Is there a dose where you cannot get any higher and end up wasting you gabapentin by taking more. I take 5.4 grams max when i dose, as i am prescribed the 600mgs. Anyone experienced in high dosing gabapentin or understand this drug well please post whatever knowledge you have. Thanks very much :)

Last edited:
1-s2.0-S1059131102001425-gr1.gif

4,800mg/ day was 1,600mg TID

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1059131102001425

I'm literally prescribed 4,800mg a day. It was upped a few years back from 3,600mg a day. I noticed a definite diffeence, for the better, in my anxiety and manic depression issues between the 3,600mg and 4,800mg dosages...so, no, the upper limit is not 3,600mg.

Background: I have taken gabapentin for 6 years, and 4,800mg since 2014. Indications were: anxiety, bipolar type 1 and epilepsy. Yes it's higher than the fda limit...but I've had three doctors renew the prescription because...to quote the latest...'the dose is high. that's normal for these meds. if it works, it works'

Ok maybe i worded it wrong. Is there a ceiling dose to get high? I usually take 3.9 - 5.4 grams over several hours staggering of course. So i want to know if you feel a difference in the high from taking a 4.8 vs 5.4 or 3.9 vs 4.8 grams. Honestly its hard for me to tell if i actually got a larger buzz from 5.4 vs 4.8. I see the chart but im asking for info from anyone who actually has done this and either noticed a difference or not from recreationally and with staggering point of view.