• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin - I'm lost.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hey, so over the past couple of months I have posted a couple of Gabapentin related posts as this drug seems to confuse me when trying to understand its recreational uses.

I have quite a number of the 100mg ones (13,000mg) to be precise as I don't use them on a regular/ daily basis.

I have been really interested in the recreational use of Gabapentin yet have found no joy in it myself.

I've tried stacking doses (~45-60 mins) up to a total of 2400mg. Nothing.
I've tried taking two larger doses of 1000mg once per hour. Nothing.

Each time I've taken it with a carbonated drink and a snack of sorts.

Is it possible I could be immune to any recreational effect of this drug? I've had great success with Pregabalin & other Benzos in the past, so why not these?

Thanks in advance.

I can't get any info either -.-. Some people say take 2500 mg and others say it's a waste over 800 mg.

I'd hate to think I had wasted 1000's of mg's of Gabapentin by doing it all wrong, heh.

i used to go through a bottle in two days when i got it. i abused it too much and it no longer works for me :( when it did work though, i would take 900mg every half hour for 3 hours, two hours after the first dose the magic started... some say thats way too much but its how much i needed to get its recreational effects. i would do like 10 grams a day! not good. thankfully it stopped working so i stopped doing it.

i used to go through a bottle in two days when i got it. i abused it too much and it no longer works for me :( when it did work though, i would take 900mg every half hour for 3 hours, two hours after the first dose the magic started... some say thats way too much but its how much i needed to get its recreational effects. i would do like 10 grams a day! not good. thankfully it stopped working so i stopped doing it.

I've had so far today 2400mg, it's only 3:40pm where I am. Maybe I should dose another 500mg now and another 500mg in 30 minutes?

I used to be RX'ed 3,200mgs per day and the first few days at that dose were HIGHLY recreational. Similar to GHB or like a stimulating benzodiazepine if that makes sense.

How would you take the 3200mgs. I assume not all at once.

My prescription label stated two 800mg tablets 2x per day 12 hours apart. This was the dosage I actually began with and the psych even increased to around 5-6 grams at one point many moons ago.

Also from my understanding, you excrete A LOT of the Gabapentin immediately upon breakdown so splitting dosages would most likely be the ideal method of administration.

I've read so much about gabapentin here and I use it myself. I'll tell you what I do and then I'll tell you the general consensus of what I've gathered from reading on BL.

I have been prescribed 400mg a night for restless leg syndrome. Took it that way for about 5 years. Works wonders for it. Around the middle of last year I decided to check out it's recreational value

I only have 400mg capsules so I take 400mg every 45 minutes until I reach 1200 mg. I follow each dose with a spoonful of peanutbutter. It take about an hour and a half to two hours for me to feel anything. 2 hours after the the first dose I might feel the first 400mg. Most times I don't. Then 45 minutes after that the next 400 mg will add it's effects in. Then 45 more minutes later the last 400 mg will add it's effects in. So after about three and a half hours after the initial dose (2 hours after the last dose) is when I will feel the maximum effects from my total dosage. Does that make any sense?

What I personally feel from it recreationally in a nutshell: it is stimulating yet relaxing at the same time. If I need to get things done I have energy for the tasks. If I want to sit and watch tv and relax I'm able to just sink into my chair and be pretty relaxed. My depression is less my anxiety is less. For me that's very pleasant because for me it's better then being agitated and unmotivated and depressed and anxious. It is like having a slight buzz going on. My movements are slightly wonky like with the alcohol buzz I mentioned.

I've also noticed that my grip is not what it should be and I'm less sensetive to heat like from the stove. I've burnt my fingers quite a few times.

All of the recreational effects I get are very subtle and mild so it might not be what you're looking for

Now for what I've read on here:

If you have no tolerance to it start out small. 600 mg to 800 mg. Take 200 mg every 45 minutes with a small fatty snack I until you reach the desired amount. You can try it with a carbonated beverage. Some suggest it. I'm addicted to dr pepper and drink it every day so I personally have no idea if it works or not. Remember that it will probably take around 2 hours after last dose to feel the maximum effects from it. That is if you are one of the ones who get recreational benefits from it.

If this doesn't work wait 3 to 4 days and try 800 mg to 1000 mg using the above mentioned stagger method. And if this doesn't work go up a bit more after a 3 or 4 day wait

The reason to wait 3 or 4 days is because tolerance develops very rapidly with gabapentin

If your tolerance was more to begin with then start the experiment with a higher dose (also staggered) you'll have to use a bit of your own judgement and common sense here

(these numbers are completely made up But it will give you an idea of what I mean) the reason for staggering is something I believe is called decreased linear bioavalability (feel free to correct me if that's the wrong words) basically the more you take at once the less is absorbed by your body

And again these numbers are completely made up But it will give you an idea of what I'm trying to explain

You take 200 mg at once 80% of it is absorbed 20% is wasted

You take 400 mg at once 70% of it is absorbed 30% is wasted

You take 600 mg at once 60% if it is absorbed 40% is wasted

And so on...

That's the reason to stagger is it's a way to trick your body a bit And not as much is wasted And more is absorbed

I've read that after a certain amount around 5400 mg that no matter what you do your body says fuck it and will not absorb anymore and anything above that is wasted

I've also read on here that some people get the same effects I do from it recreationally. Some feel absolutely nothing recreationally from it and for them it's a complete waste

Tolerance builds very rapidly with gabapentin so start out slow. Keep it as low as possible. And take breaks in between each time

I've also read that wd can be horrible from this so keep that in mind. Another reason to keep it as low as possible

Sorry this reply was so freaking long

If anybody finds that I've giving innacurate information please correct me

Hope this helps

Ok, thanks.

What effects did you feel?

My past experiences have been across most of the spectrum. Benzos/ Opiates/ Empathogens/ Hallucinogens/ etc/ etc.

Thank you SuizeQ that was fantastic.

I now see my problem, I attempted this over 4/ 5 day periods. Each day trying a different method, so I must have pushed my tolerance right up.

Should I expect any WDs from a weeks worth of high usage?

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks.

What effects did you feel?

My past experiences have been across most of the spectrum. Benzos/ Opiates/ Empathogens/ Hallucinogens/ etc/ etc.

A lot like GHB for me...Also, I would get closed eye visuals before going to bed and would also have horrible coordination and loss of motor skills....without a tolerance, the recreational effects of gabapentin (neurontin) are awesome
and have a good safety profile...I've eaten over 20,000 mgs before

A lot like GHB for me...Also, I would get closed eye visuals before going to bed and would also have horrible coordination and loss of motor skills....without a tolerance, the recreational effects of gabapentin (neurontin) are awesome
and have a good safety profile...I've eaten over 20,000 mgs before

I was expecting to feel a slight loss of coordination/ motor skills just like with Pregabalin (Lyrica).

Yet I have absolutely no loss of either. It's as if I'm totally sober. In a neutral state of mind.

(@3200mgs)

took 800 mg gabapentin 3 hours ago, drinking a 40 oz of beer now. might add a little bump of dope to the mix, do you think this is unsafe?

Thank you SuizeQ that was fantastic.

I now see my problem, I attempted this over 4/ 5 day periods. Each day trying a different method, so I must have pushed my tolerance right up.

Should I expect any WDs from a weeks worth of high usage?

Thanks again.

I don't think you should feel much from just a weeks worth. This is all just from what I've read on here. A week of trying this out with the gabapentin at most you might feel a bit yucky (like you have a cold coming on) for a couple of days. The horrible wd's come from several months of use at high doses. And again that's just from all that I've read on here so don't take it as gospel

I've been lucky enough to not have to go without gabapentin although I do sometimes run short before it's time to refill my script and during that last week I might experience those slight symptoms of an impending cold

Gabapentin is a very odd drug in that it effects everyone so differently

I have another question for you if you'd like. I noticed that you take lyrica. Is that just mostly at your prescribed doses or has it been mostly used recreationally. Someone else will have to confirm this but if I remember right there's a cross tolerance between lyrics and gabapentin so that could be the issue to why your not feeling anything from gabapentin especially since you do feel it from lyrica

Thanks again. I've only had Lyrica once or twice in my life, so it's not a regular thing.

Also thanks for pointing me to the Gabapentin mega thread. That will come in helpful.

I'm used to WDs so I know exactly when one is impending. My only real cause for concern with the immediate cessation of Gabapentin would be the increased risk of seizures. Which I doubt will happen.

Thanks again.

Thanks again. I've only had Lyrica once or twice in my life, so it's not a regular thing.

Also thanks for pointing me to the Gabapentin mega thread. That will come in helpful.

I'm used to WDs so I know exactly when one is impending. My only real cause for concern with the immediate cessation of Gabapentin would be the increased risk of seizures. Which I doubt will happen.

Thanks again.

You're welcome