• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin + hydrocodone - absorption and dosing question

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I see many threads (and medical literature) stating that gabapentin taken before hydrocodone will decrease hydrocodone absorption rather significantly. Mainly it is suggested on BL to take gabapentin after hydrocodone or that's what I am seeing with my searches.

I was just scripted gabapentin 300mg twice daily to start and very much enjoy the synergy with my prescribed vyvanse 60mg during the day. However, I use kratom or hydrocodone (or both) nightly as I come down.

My question is if I am taking 300-600mg gabapentin in the morning/afternoon how long would I need to wait after taking gabapentin to take hydrocodone and not have diminished effects from the hydrocodone due to reduced absorption from gabapentin ingestion?

My thought is that ~2 hours post gabapentin ingestion one could ingest hydrocodone without reduced absorption but I have nothing other than anecdotal evidence to back that claim.

tl;dr: how long after ingesting gabapentin can one ingest hydrocodone without risking reduced hydrocodone absorption?