• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin & heart rate.

Shant

Bluelighter
Is there any reason why Gabapentin could potentially raise your heart rate? I took 1200mg yesterday and my pulse reached low 90s. Very high for me, I hover in the low high 50s to low 60s typically. Today I took another 1200mg and my pulse broke 100. I realize there’s a host of unknowns that could account for it where the gaba played no sole. But has anyone heard of this before?

PS - I coulda sworn I posted this thread about a week ago but it’s gone. Maybe I messed up, but if it was deleted cause I’m in the wrong forum or any reason please let me know mods. Appreciate it. Feel free to move it if that’s the issue. Thanks in advance,

Shant

Is there any reason why Gabapentin could potentially raise your heart rate? I took 1200mg yesterday and my pulse reached low 90s. Very high for me, I hover in the low high 50s to low 60s typically. Today I took another 1200mg and my pulse broke 100. I realize there’s a host of unknowns that could account for it where the gaba played no sole. But has anyone heard of this before?

When i take high doses of Gaba my heart rate races too.! So i take a Valium when that happens. Always.! Hope you have something to help that problem like i do.? Glad you brought this topic up. Did not know how many other people have this problem. Cheers M8

I do have “comfort” meds (though I sure do miss valiums). But between benzos and the gaba I’m too sluggish. I think maybe I’ll back off the dose a bit. But it doesn’t do much in the 3 digits, at least in my experience. Either way thanks for answering mate, cheers