• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin feels much better than pregabalin to me...am I the only one?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Pregabalin is thought to be Gabapentin on steroids. But pregabalin makes me anxious, disturbed. Gabapentin on the other hand is much smoother, calm, relaxed, confident. Chores actually feel, mentally and physically, especially physically, enjoyable. Things I used to hate suddenly are the opposite, pleasant. Climbing stairs was physically painful, now I hover up the stairs and the physical exertion actually physically feels nice. Washing clothes by hand feels good, a dreadful task otherwise. Hard to explain...just feel more at zen.

Is there any other prescription drug which gives the same feeling which I can take everyday? I wish Gabapentin didn't build tolerance to quick.

Last edited:
As far as I am concerned... yerp; you are the only one that feels this way. 😁
Nah... I have seen many posts of one liking babap over pregab but I kinda like the hammer of pregab over the subtle effects of gabap.
Peace

Pregabalin is thought to be Gabapentin on steroids. But pregabalin makes me anxious, disturbed. Gabapentin on the other hand is much smoother, calm, relaxed, confident. Is there any other prescription drug which gives the same feeling which I can take everyday?
CLONAZEPAM, BUT YOU WILL BE EASY ADDICTED, AND YOU'LL BE HALF DRINKED THE EFFECTS DURING THE DAY.

I know I have stated I have access to both pregabalin and gabapentin but do like gabapentin better. Less harsh and a subtle euphoria as opposed to harsh and stoning. Although I could be having adverse effects with pregabalin that others may not get. Not sure. But I always pick gabapentin.

I prefer gabapentin over pregabalin as well. It mixes with my vyvanse and my lorazepam wonderfully. I feel good and functional and able to think and do things well when I take these meds. When I take them properly that is, which I am finally these days. I also take lithium which evens things out for me. The mix of it all is a life saver, so long as I take them regularly and at the correct dosage.

Yes, I totally agree.

Gabapentin is amazing. I’m on Methadone daily and Gabapentin is great at night time with cannabis. I also have Pregabalin, and MUCH prefer Gabapentin.

such a welcomed calm relaxation, pairs beautiful with Methadone

Gabapentin is much more functional substance, I prefer it over gabapentin for utility, for just making a normal day better. Lyrica has a far stronger euphoria and intoxication for me, so I prefer it recreationally, but it has some strange side effects like strong muscle twitching/spasms.

Gabapentin is much more functional substance, I prefer it over gabapentin for utility, for just making a normal day better. Lyrica has a far stronger euphoria and intoxication for me, so I prefer it recreationally, but it has some strange side effects like strong muscle twitching/spasms.
Muscle twitching and calming... Isn't that contradictory.

I will admit 2700 mg of gabapentin can feel exactly like 300 mgs of pregabalin to me. They can also be very similar. But I am glad I am not the only one that feels gabapentin suits them better for certain things. My own personal guess is pregabalin is about 4-5 times stronger than gabapentin. (I know my math is off :D) But at other times they can be different drugs and I get more side effects from pregabalin. The gentle gabapentin euphoria that creeps up somehow feels better and less side effects.

None of these do I take more than once a week. Sometimes twice but if I can get the sciatica relief from once a week whether it is in my head or not I will stick to that. I do not want to get physically dependent on such meds based off of posts here on BL.

Last edited:
If you've seen my posts over the years, I am a huge fan of gabapentin. And yes, I am one that likes it more than pregabalin. I love the stuff. I love being able to take half a tab every 30-45 minutes and it gradually creeping up. I love not having to worry about not eating and ruining it. It helps lol. I love the sleep I get. I love how it helps people when they get in trouble with opioid or benzo w/d. Only thing I don't love is running out, but it's not even controlled here so I can pick up my script 2 weeks early and get scripted 3 months at a time. Yeah, I love gabapentin.

At the same time, I don't like talking this way because a lot of people have managed to paint it in a bad light. If you ever read reddit's pharmacy sub, search for it. All the pharmacists and techs talk about how even though it's not controlled they treat it as a controlled substance. They talk about the people who try to pick it up early and call them junkies. I don't see it in this light, it's not so much recreational as it is comfortable. It drastically improved my life from the nerve damage in my neck and the migraines I get. I rarely get migraines because gabapentin works SO well for it. Yet a lot of doctors I see calling it snake oil because it's over-prescribed and used completely off-label so often as a sort of catch-all. There's just a lot of bad press around it and I don't think it's really deserved. Pregabalin is definitely more abuseable and can get you wrecked so that doesn't help either. I just hope it doesn't get scheduled. I know some states have already begun "sorta" controlling it in the last decade.

Last edited:
I wish this stuff had a better effect on me than just being sorta drunk, leading to falling asleep.

I prefer pregabs but not eating is a bit of a cunt i go on binges and actually lose weight on them because eating does fuck up the buzz . Tried gabapentin and loved the part about being able to eat but the euphoria not as good as pregabalin

Pregabalin is thought to be Gabapentin on steroids. But pregabalin makes me anxious, disturbed. Gabapentin on the other hand is much smoother, calm, relaxed, confident. Chores actually feel, mentally and physically, especially physically, enjoyable. Things I used to hate suddenly are the opposite, pleasant. Climbing stairs was physically painful, now I hover up the stairs and the physical exertion actually physically feels nice. Washing clothes by hand feels good, a dreadful task otherwise. Hard to explain...just feel more at zen.

Is there any other prescription drug which gives the same feeling which I can take everyday? I wish Gabapentin didn't build tolerance to quick.
I could not agree more with you. I have been taking Gabapentin 600 mg 3 times a day for almost 10 years I have switched off several times for Lyrica because I heard the same things. But in no way shape or form is it the same I love that Gabapentin takes care of my pain I have an extremely bad spine and other issues. The Lyrica pretty much did nothing for me it might have taken care of my pain a little but I didn't get any of the euphoria Pleasant feeling at all from the Lyrica that I get from the Gabapentin even to this day after taking it for so long!! A few times I've doubled up on my pills but I don't have to do it very often!

Oh yes and let me not forget it does wonders for anyone that has to go through withdrawal as well.