• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin dosage, my experiences.

stockhunter

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight, it's been awhile since I've had an account on here. I am a opiate addict who has been clean of heroin and other agonist opiates for 7 years now. During my time of opiate and other drug escapades I clocked the use of over 40+ substances, from psychedelics, opiates, RC's, naturals, street finds, and of course big Pharma. My only use now is prescribed, well except Cannabis. I am prescribed zubsolv(bupe) at .7mg daily, dexmethylphenidate 30mg (its rare if I take it even once a week), and gabapentin 300mg x 3(normally only taken as a large dose once a week). My experience for gabapentin came before I was prescribed it. A friend was prescribed 600mg x 3 or 1,800mg. Once he heard of its recreational value he started taking a larger dose (8 x 600mg = 4,8000). He would normally take this dose 2x a week for its recreational feel. Me not knowing anything about it's recreational value listened to him for dosage. He suggested 600 x 6 = 3,600mg. The first time taking that dosage felt amazing, almost opiate like body buzz. Since then I have taken dosages upwards of 8 grams. Normally I would wait a week in between dosing at this level but this week I took 8,000mg the first day, second day 7,200mg, and third 3,600mg. My question is not the recreational value of gabapentin, which some seem not to believe. But how many consecutive days with gabapentin taken until one will experience withdrawal when they stop(recreationally and medically). How bad the withdrawal is (my friend has yet to withdrawal from it), and the length. Today is the first day without it after using it for 3 or 4 days straight and I can't tell if it is the opiate withdrawal (just dropped from 2 mg bupe to .7mg) or the start of gabapentin withdrawal.

Also does anyone have experience with taking lower dose Gabapentin (1,000mg or less daily) for a month or so and still being able to feel the recreational effects of higher doses?