• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Gabapentin and kratom guy back again

gabafucked

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I'm sure a couple of you might remember my previous post that I was having crippling panic attacks in the morning. I was able to cut my kratom dose in about half (now down to 6g 4x per day and I've stayed very regimented in it. I've also changed from my once in the morning gabapentin to morning and night. I do 300mg staggered every 30 minutes for a total of 1800mg in the morning, and 1200mg staggered in the evening. Ive also stayed very regimented on this as well. The panic attacks haven't come back! I do have some morning anxiety at times, but nothing like what I was experiencing.

This morning I woke up with that "agitated" discomfort your body feels from opioid withdrawal that makes it feel like you can't sign still/get comfortable, and that's what made me decide to write this post because I usually wake up feeling poorly, but not this feeling. Especially because it was only 8 hours since my last kratom dose and 12 since gabapentin. It seems like my morning higher gabapentin dose keeps me all good for the day and into the evening, but my evening dose doesn't last until the morning to get my morning gabapentin in. This surprises me because I figured by now my body would be used to that dose and would be fine.

Now, I know I need to continue tapering and quit to fully feel better, but I'm too scared to! I don't want to get disregulated again and start spiraling with the anxiety. I still feel like shit very frequently, especially in the morning before my gabapentin (which takes forever because of the staggering, but if I just take it all at once then I won't be absorbing nearly the same amount).

Sorry for yet another way too long post but just wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience and has any feedback or advice. I have other issues on top of these and I really want to get healthy again, but everything always feels so insurmountable, especially when you just feel like crap ALL THE TIME. The withdrawal feelings are just worse crap haha.

My general rule with tapering, and i think a lot of others too, is if you hit a stretch of being too uncomfortable, stop and sit at that dose a while until it passes or becomes bearable again. Then continue from there. Never go back up but its ok to stay put for a while.

Hey all,

I'm sure a couple of you might remember my previous post that I was having crippling panic attacks in the morning. I was able to cut my kratom dose in about half (now down to 6g 4x per day and I've stayed very regimented in it. I've also changed from my once in the morning gabapentin to morning and night. I do 300mg staggered every 30 minutes for a total of 1800mg in the morning, and 1200mg staggered in the evening. Ive also stayed very regimented on this as well. The panic attacks haven't come back! I do have some morning anxiety at times, but nothing like what I was experiencing.

This morning I woke up with that "agitated" discomfort your body feels from opioid withdrawal that makes it feel like you can't sign still/get comfortable, and that's what made me decide to write this post because I usually wake up feeling poorly, but not this feeling. Especially because it was only 8 hours since my last kratom dose and 12 since gabapentin. It seems like my morning higher gabapentin dose keeps me all good for the day and into the evening, but my evening dose doesn't last until the morning to get my morning gabapentin in. This surprises me because I figured by now my body would be used to that dose and would be fine.

Now, I know I need to continue tapering and quit to fully feel better, but I'm too scared to! I don't want to get disregulated again and start spiraling with the anxiety. I still feel like shit very frequently, especially in the morning before my gabapentin (which takes forever because of the staggering, but if I just take it all at once then I won't be absorbing nearly the same amount).

Sorry for yet another way too long post but just wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience and has any feedback or advice. I have other issues on top of these and I really want to get healthy again, but everything always feels so insurmountable, especially when you just feel like crap ALL THE TIME. The withdrawal feelings are just worse crap haha.

I'm on Gabapentin for neuropathy but also use it for anxiety and find it really helpful. I stagger 300mg doses every 30 mins too.
I'm glad it's helping! Anxiety and panic attacks are HORRIBLE.

I don't know about gapapentin but for me tapering kratom was difficult once I got into the low doses. When I finally quit, I found it was easier just stopping altogether than attempting to taper and it really wasn't so bad as tapering made it seem like it going to be. The way I quit was I had a tooth pulled and got prescribed codeine. I took the codeine for a few days with no kratom and then stopped. Once the codeine wore off, the acute kratom withdrawal was already over. I had PAWS for about 6 weeks afterward but it was mild enough I didn't miss any work and that was it.

So if you can get some codeine I would recommend that method, way easier than tapering. I think I was taking about 12 grams of kratom when I stopped and like I said I never felt any acute withdrawal. Tapering on the other hand, was very difficult as soon as the withdrawal would start it would be so difficult to not take another dose. I will say tapering kratom is a lot easier than tapering opiates in the sense that if I tried to cut my heroin dose in half, I'd feel painful withdrawal whereas with kratom reducing from a big habit to a smaller habit is easy. It's the last part where you're trying to stop completely that I find very difficult with kratom (and opiates too I suppose).