• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin and Baclofen withdrawal

Juliya83

Greenlighter
I was recently tapered off 2mg Ativan daily with 900mg gabapentin and 15mg Baclofen daily. So I was taking 300mg gabapentin and 5mg Baclofen 3 times a day. My taper from Ativan was fast. I was finished with the Ativan in 7 days. I then started tapering the gabapentin and Baclofen. Took out the mid day dose first for 7 days, then the nighttime dose for 7 days then, stopped 300mg gabapentin and 5mg Baclofen. It was tolerable the first 3 days. On the 4th day ALL hell broke loose. I had so much anxiety I was getting brain zaps and very frequent PVCs. My last dose of both was on September 18th. I had to be put on Metoprolol a beta blocker to CALM the PVCs and tachycardia. It’s been 44 days and does not seem like it’s getting any better. And I have no clue if it’s the Baclofen, the Gabapentin, or PAWS from the rapid Ativan tapper. I do know I also have extremely high blood sugars, GI issues, dizziness, muscle weakness, burning skin, brain fog. The list goes on. Has anyone else experienced these?

Ohh, how everything is unclear for me to give advices, so just for information. Only doses above 100mg baclofen a day USUALLY gives side-effects.... But there was stupid junkies around herr, who elevated toleration up to 300mg a day! And were still slive to this point(NEVER DO IT YOURSELF, IT KILLS YOU 100%!),Even 100mg at once, unlikely, but may kill you too.... Overdose anyway is terrible, trust me, I love baclofen, more than it it I love only mdpv i think))) BUT THERE ARE NO baclofen herr anymore!!! WHY!
Ok,its not a problem actually, just it cost became 5x bigger now (((

I haven’t taken any in 44 days. So it’s not side effects. It’s withdrawal. And it’s horrible!!!!!

Side effects from baclofen are related mostly to kidneys and stomach(you starting to feel pain, what else would be further idk)

Withdrawal from baclofen should be horrible yes, but with doses less than 75mg nothing serious should be. The ones who were telling about it all as i know were taken 200 a day or more

I think its unlikely may be related to baclofen, not enough time you have been taking it, and not large dosages... About gabapentin idk but doubtedly, it should be pretty safe...baclofen i had taken personally, low doses, several years, not all the time, but frequently. Everything ok with it.

What I should say to you.... It's likely because of extremely high blood sugars, it maybe the only reason for everything what you describe. Check this first of all, my advice to you.

It’s the Ativan not the gabapentin or baclofen. You were tapered way to quickly.

Ativan withdrawal is really can be that long? 44+ days!? Just out of curiosity

P.S. check sugar as soon as possible, anyway, it may sound unbelievable, but it could explain all described symptoms...

Last edited: