• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe GABApentin and a rough Suboxone induction

RTrain

Bluelighter
Trying to get (back) onto Subs from a long stint using fentanyl (powder not patches). My tolerance is pretty brutally high and I am feeling w/d easily within 4 hours of stopping and by 6 hours and I am kicking and its pretty bad. I'm not 1 who needs to wait 24 hours or more to take Sub, but I know I will be hurting when I take it, unless I wait like 2 days (which seems pointless as the Suboxone atleast make it a tiny it more tolerable and it gets better, those 2 days would be hell)

So I have gabapentin, decent amount, 25X 600 mg and I have no tolerance. I intend to use it but wondering on any input about dose and when to take it. I could take it to make it more tolerable as I wait to take the first bit of the Sub...or I wait it out and take it with the Sub, because the Sub will provide very mild relief, pretty much none for the 1st day and then it slowly gets better until day 4 or 5 and I feel like a normal person.

Any suggestions? I know gabapentin/Neurontin is often hailed for helping with opiate withdrawal. Anyone else get on Subs and find gabapentin was helpful in any way?