• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Gabapentin. Am I doing it wrong?

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi there, so recently I've made a thread regarding Gabapentin and how to use it for best recreational effect. I was given some great advice, which all added up with the previous information I had on it.

Now my question is, why does it not work for me?

I know this is impossible to give a full and correct answer but a little more insight would be great.

Being completely naive to this drug I at first followed the lower dosage range. Following a medium sized fatty snack (PB on toast with Coffee) I took the following,
-T0.00 - 600mg
-T1.00 - 600mg
-T2.00 - 600mg
-T3.30 - 600mg
(Other drugs consumed that day, early morning were, 30mg Lansoprazole, 500mg Naproxen, 60mg Codeine Phosphate & 500mg Paracetamol/ Acetaminophen)

After completing these doses I noticed little to no effect, some slight closed eye visuals whilst laying in bed and very minor lack of balance.

The following day I tried dosing,
-T0.00 - 900mg
-T1.00 - 900mg
-T1.30 - 600mg
-T3.00 - 600mg

Same again, almost no effect. Slight anxiety when going to bed and again some minor closed eye visuals.

Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(P.S. I've had Gabapentin in the past but only prescribed doses of 3 x 100mg per day, this was ~ 1 year ago.)

That should have done it, I wonder what happened.
I am prescribed Neurontin monthly, and when I first started taking the prescribed dose of 900 mg I felt a mixture of being drunk, stoned, in a good mood and very chatty. And clumsy. I did not drive for a week while my body situated itself and I no longer felt like that.

Unfortunately that side effect went away as my body adjusted to the drug, but the amounts you are taking SHOULD have made you feel something, especially since you are naive to it. Very strange.
Maybe one of the other users on this site can help you out. I only take mine at the prescribed dose, so I can't help you out with that. In all honesty, it would scare the hell out of me to take the doses you are describing.

That should have got you feeling something at least. Keep in mind that gabapentin doesn't do it for everyone and the high from it isn't very intense. Since you read the megathread I'm sure you know that smaller doses increase the bioavailability of this drug, so try waiting longer between doses and take less at a time like 300 instead of 600. If that doesn't do anything then you might be one of the people who can't get a buzz off neurontin.

It is important to know that gabapentin has a ceiling effect and a point of diminishing returns. This is a unique phenomenon; whereas, your body absorbs ~68% of a 600mg dose (408mg); Your body only absorbs ~48% of a 900mg dose (432mg). AS YOU CAN SEE, the difference between doses becomes negligible as you increase the dosage. Thus the point of diminishing returns. This equates to ~35% of a 1200mg dose, ect.

FOR THIS EXACT REASON, Gabapentin Encarbamil has been approved for RLS and Shingles in the US in the past few years.

Gabapentin never did a thing for me either, just made me a little drowsy.

Hi there, so recently I've made a thread regarding Gabapentin and how to use it for best recreational effect. I was given some great advice, which all added up with the previous information I had on it.

Now my question is, why does it not work for me?

I know this is impossible to give a full and correct answer but a little more insight would be great.

Being completely naive to this drug I at first followed the lower dosage range. Following a medium sized fatty snack (PB on toast with Coffee) I took the following,
-T0.00 - 600mg
-T1.00 - 600mg
-T2.00 - 600mg
-T3.30 - 600mg
(Other drugs consumed that day, early morning were, 30mg Lansoprazole, 500mg Naproxen, 60mg Codeine Phosphate & 500mg Paracetamol/ Acetaminophen)

After completing these doses I noticed little to no effect, some slight closed eye visuals whilst laying in bed and very minor lack of balance.

The following day I tried dosing,
-T0.00 - 900mg
-T1.00 - 900mg
-T1.30 - 600mg
-T3.00 - 600mg

Same again, almost no effect. Slight anxiety when going to bed and again some minor closed eye visuals.

Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(P.S. I've had Gabapentin in the past but only prescribed doses of 3 x 100mg per day, this was ~ 1 year ago.)

It used to make me unpleasantly dizzy. There was one night in desperation I took 1800mg to put me to sleep, then I think 600mg in the early morning hours (I had alcohol withdrawal insomnia) and it just made dizzier and more nauseous than I already was. I've got a pretty high tolerance to it now since I'm scripted 900mg at night.

gabapentin is only worthwile as a combo drug or to relieve WD symptoms IMO.

perhaps the very first time you take it it might be euphoric for some.

Yeah, I guess it just isn't for me. With it being a GABA related drug I had expected a little relief from some anxiety I was suffering but it just seemed to make it worse.

I will give it one last go but using only 300mg doses at a time.

If that doesn't work then I'll just leave it as that.

Thanks folks.

^
Well combining downers is hardly harm reduction advice. So be very carefull if you are going to do this but my experience is that it greatly amplifies the euphoria from (weak) opiates without putting you into that near death state you get when you combine opies with for instance benzos (very dangerous).

Best combination is with benzodiazepines/alcohol mabe not together, and add some rosmarinic acid in the combo (from spearmint,melissa officinalis,peppermint,thyme, etc).

Reason; Gabapenting act as Voltage gated channel blocker which means it blocks Nerve reaction to localised voltage intensity so when there is a signal trying to flow to your brain it has less reactive response from your nerves. The action create low pain sensitivity, sedation and seizure reducing effect. Alone it does not alot more than low amount of codeine and when i mean low I mean like 30-60mg no tolerance.
But it also has GAD enzyme activation (convering Glutamic acid to GABA) which is a combination golden key to any GABAa Positive allosteric modulators like benzodiazepines or low amount of alcohol (alcohol does alot more at high dose) because it increase GABA amount while Benzo/alcohol multiply GABA's effect by 3. Both drugs multiply each others(every GABA added by gabapentin has 3 times more impact) , it does not add.

The drug is really good with alcohol/barbiturates, good with benzodiazepines and fine with chamomile tea.
If you want to know about rosmarinic acid; it blocks GABA's exit door so even more GABA.

Actually, marijuana and gabapentin are nice. Gbp and mj and soma are very nice. and valium w/ those is very very nice. keep in mind to dose low in combinations.

Avoid alcohol

I've got some of those RC Thienodiazepines. Pretty much the same as normal Benzos.

I tried mixing it with 300mg Codeine and I got nothing from either, which was weird. I always get a decent 15 minute buzz from the Codeine, ha.

^
Well combining downers is hardly harm reduction advice. So be very carefull if you are going to do this but my experience is that it greatly amplifies the euphoria from (weak) opiates without putting you into that near death state you get when you combine opies with for instance benzos (very dangerous).

I literally can't function on Dihydrocodeine with Benzos, I know the risks but had to try it myself. I couldn't keep my head up, at all, which was very scary looking back on it. Although at the time it was bliss. Never again.