• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin 1200 mg staggered once every 3 days

Sunday804

Greenlighter
During quarantine I have experimented with Gabapentin quite a lot and have found that if I take 1200 mg staggered over the course of 2 hours while eating a small fatty snack and drinking some soda w each dose I don’t get diminishing returns at all. I have actually grown to love the synergy of it w weed as much as damn near any other drug combo.while this has worked great for avoiding the crazy tolerance issues w Gabapentin, I wanted to know if this was enough spacing out to avoid dependence as well? Some people on reddit claim they’ve had terrible withdrawals from that amount but I also feel like a lot of the people who post in the drug forums on Reddit are alarmists and overall pretty whiny. What do you guys think?

Hey Sunday. I would pay attention to how you feel on this schedule. Ask yourself if you feel a weakened effect from the same dosage and go from there. I would guess that by proceeding on your current schedule, your tolerance would grow very slowly if at all. You really would be the best judge, because we don't have a lot of reliable studies to refer to regarding skipping days. You might end up benefitting from a washout period once a month or biweekly where maybe you skip 3-5 days. This, combined with your careful usage could greatly reduce how fast your tolerance develops.

During quarantine I have experimented with Gabapentin quite a lot and have found that if I take 1200 mg staggered over the course of 2 hours while eating a small fatty snack and drinking some soda w each dose I don’t get diminishing returns at all. I have actually grown to love the synergy of it w weed as much as damn near any other drug combo.while this has worked great for avoiding the crazy tolerance issues w Gabapentin, I wanted to know if this was enough spacing out to avoid dependence as well? Some people on reddit claim they’ve had terrible withdrawals from that amount but I also feel like a lot of the people who post in the drug forums on Reddit are alarmists and overall pretty whiny. What do you guys think?
I have been experimenting with Gabapentin as well :) for me I take 5 or 6 of the 300mg (1500 mg) in the am . And I take 600mg every 2 hrs after that ..

How much and for how long were you taking it before you went through withdrawals?

Nope. You will still end up dependent on it if you continueto take it. And withdrawal FUCKING SUCKS!!! I didn't take it more than once a week. Sometimes once every 2 weeks. But i still ended up dependent on it. Gabapentin isn't very well understood, and there is a whole lot of misinformation out there. Even doctors don't always know jack shit about it. I take it no more than once a week. And when Im not on it, it makes my life a living hell. And my tolerance has gone through the roof too. Most days I take it, I don't take any less than 30 400mg pills in 24 hours. Im also tapering from suboxone, and the gaba withdrawal is far worse for me then the suboxone withdrawal. Ive gone as long as a month without it, and my tolerance barely went down at all. I need to try to find some Baclofen to help with the withdrawal, ive been having petty mal seizures and shit...

Damn I’m sorry that you are going through that. I agree gabapentin is not very understood, and it seems to affect everyone differently from the feedback I’ve gotten over the past year. I hope this doesn’t come off as insensitive, but do you think it’s possible you developed a severe psychological addiction as opposed to dependence? I know that wouldn’t explain the seizures but once a week just doesn’t seem possible to lead to a physical dependence based on the half life of gabapentin. How much were you taking at a time that got you to the point were you started to feel the negative effects when you weren’t on it? Psychological addiction to me is also just as horrible thing to deal with, I personally have a horrible one to oxy, I’m able to quit for weeks even months at a time but I’ve never felt free from it.

Last edited:
Again please don’t think I’m trying to undermine what your going through. I’m just trying to get as much information as I can about how often/how much using gabapentin can lead to a physical dependence.

All i have to say is I ran out off my Gabapentin about a week before it could be filled again and the withdrawal was LAMF. I didn’t sleep for more then 3 hours a night and when I woke up from that sleep I was drenched in sweat. Listen Im on MMT, have a benzo script for 4 mg of klonopin a day. i still felt awful until I was able to get more gabapentin.

Again please don’t think I’m trying to undermine what your going through. I’m just trying to get as much information as I can about how often/how much using gabapentin can lead to a physical dependence.
Im definitely psychologically addicted to it too. But im 100% positive im physically addicted to it too. People who are on it for a while withdraw from it for months sometimes. And for me, the really bad withdrawal started when i took my entire script within a week. I only did that once. But the withdrawal, although not as bad as when i took it all in a week, still persists. Think of it was Methadone. At first, you can take it once a week. But if you all the sudden take it 4 times in a week, you'll probably end up with physical withdrawal symptoms. And from that point on, if you don't fully detox, because of how long the detox period lasts, even if you only take it once a week, you will still have withdrawal symptoms. It depends a lot on how much you take when you take it. And in the case of methadone, if your taking it once a week, your withdrawal will feel less intense every time it resets. And it will eventually go away completely. That hasn't been my experience with gabapentin.

So what im getting at is this: You should be fine if you only do it once a week, as long as you dont do to much at a time. But if you take a fuck ton, once a week might even be to much. But even if your not taking all that much of it, taking it 2-3 times a week isn't a good idea. You shouldn't just be looking at the half life of a drug. You should also look at the withdrawal period of people who are physically addicted to it.

P.s. If you've been taking it like once a week for a while. Or even more than that. And you notice you start to feel kinda emotionless when your not on it, i recommend taking a break from it for a while. Thats how it started with me. I didn't immediately start having terrible withdrawal symptoms. It started off with me feeling kinda depressed and/or emotionless when i wasn't on it. And it didn't matter if I took opiates or anything else. I.e. Other things didn't really make me feel better. They normally would. For instance, I did heroine a few days ago. It didnt give me any euphoria. Not until I took it with gabapentin. Because im physically addicted to gabapentin, and my brain won't function normally without it. Hope that helps.

So what im getting at is this: You should be fine if you only do it once a week, as long as you dont do to much at a time. But if you take a fuck ton, once a week might even be to much. But even if your not taking all that much of it, taking it 2-3 times a week isn't a good idea. You shouldn't just be looking at the half life of a drug. You should also look at the withdrawal period of people who are physically addicted to it.
Damn I really appreciate all the info given in these comments bro. Yeah that definitely sounds pretty crazy and has got me ready to drastically scale back my usage to be on the safe side. I took a week off recently and while I didn’t feel terrible I definitely felt more off during that time than I do with my usual 2 day breaks. I also noticed something similar to what you said about not getting high when u did H, I popped an amount of oxy that usually gets me feeling pretty nice and it was a noticeably much weaker high, I didn’t think at the time that it could be from breaking from the gaba but I’m starting to wonder now. I’m gonna try n take a whole month or two break now and then maybe go to once a week or even every other week after that.

I think the majority of the clinical trials for Gabapentin and Pregabalin both failed to fully recognize the issue of tolerance. The only way I can maintain benefit with this drug is by taking regular days off. For folks using it specifically for withdrawal, I generally recommend taking 300mg TID 3 on 1 off, advising that it is still likely to run out of steam by the time a month has passed. It's a tricky one.

Guys, I can't stress enough that there's no reason to be taking 3,600mg of Gabapentin all at once in the morning. I've used the drug extensively for years for many different indications and I swear upon the fact that there is no point in taking at most 600mg every hour and ideally 300mg-400mg every hour. You just have to be patient as it doesn't hit immediately.