• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GABA reactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_smock

Greenlighter
I have a big bag full of GABA powder. I was wondering if I could somehow turn it into something more potent by using household chemicals / methods or whatever works because I couldn't really find anything on this subject but I see GABA being the backbone to many drugs. Taking it by itself gives a very subtle effect and also upsets my stomach sometimes so it's not worth it at all.

No, there's nothing you could easily change it into. Synthesis discussion is also not allowed here, of which this technically is I guess.

I've read a study that combining GABA and L-theanine potentiates each other and seems to bring out an effect from the GABA.

GABA doesn't cross the blood brain barrier afaik, which is why it doesn't have much of an effect.

I have a big bag full of GABA powder. I was wondering if I could somehow turn it into something more potent by using household chemicals / methods or whatever works because I couldn't really find anything on this subject but I see GABA being the backbone to many drugs. Taking it by itself gives a very subtle effect and also upsets my stomach sometimes so it's not worth it at all.
Welcome to Bluelight lil smock.

You have a great question it just is in the wrong spot for any answers. The lounge is pretty much a non drug asking question place where people just shoot the shit and nothing is taken seriously.

Like sanfu said.........we don't really talk about synthesis on here and GABA powder IS pretty useless. No CNS activity and it has no mood altering effects.

Did you get it thinking it would be more like gabapentin or Lyrica?

Gonna move this over to our " Other Drugs " section where you may get some answers or it may get closed because of the content.

Either way, welcome.

No, there's nothing you could easily change it into. Synthesis discussion is also not allowed here, of which this technically is I guess.

I've read a study that combining GABA and L-theanine potentiates each other and seems to bring out an effect from the GABA.

GABA doesn't cross the blood brain barrier afaik, which is why it doesn't have much of an effect.
Thank you for your answer. Do you have any clue where should I be looking to find more information about changing GABA into anything else, regardless of the complexity?

Thank you for your answer. Do you have any clue where should I be looking to find more information about changing GABA into anything else, regardless of the complexity?
Maybe take a look in our Pharmacology and Neuroscience section?

Maybe read some threads in Drug Culture?

What exactly do you want your gaba powder to become? Like a benzo? Like a Lyrica?

What did you think it was when you bought it?

I read about effects from huge doses of oral GABA but they weren't pleasurable at all, if I remember it correctly it was an anxiogenic, hot feeling or something similar. Theory was that somehow too much GABA in the peripherals might suppress release in the brain, leading to kind of an inverse benzo effect but this is pure speculation.

Maybe take a look in our Pharmacology and Neuroscience section?

Maybe read some threads in Drug Culture?

What exactly do you want your gaba powder to become? Like a benzo? Like a Lyrica?

What did you think it was when you bought it?
I knew what I was buying. I didn't have high expectations to begin with. I was just looking for what other compounds might react with it it and under what conditions and, of course, if whatever would come out of that might have psychoactive proprieties.

Maybe this kind of work just hasn't been done yet and that's why I find so little information about it. Or I should start learning chemistry or talk to an actual chemist about it. Anyway it's just a feeling that something could be made out of it, at least with my current knowledge.

Also a bit off topic but I also have some Amanita Muscaria caps drying and I plan on decarboxylating the ibotenic acid into muscimol by doing a 3 hour simmer at pH 2.7. This is pretty hard to test but I was wondering if the mushroom would produce higher concentrations of said compounds if I were to water it with a GABA solution while it's growing since those compounds also have a GABA backbone. This also came to mind because I read that someone watered psylocybin mushrooms with 5-meo-dmt and the mushroom produced 4-ho-5-meo-dmt.

During the day's I brewed Ginger Beer using the GingerBeerPlant I read Lactobacillus Hilligardii can make, more bio available, Gaba out of raw cane sugar.

As this is a natural proces it shouldn't fall under synthesis, its a symbiose of yeast's and bacteria. But I never noticed any Gaba-ergic activity the Korean's claimed it would have.

There is a fairly decent drug GABA can be turned into but is again synth discussion and the gasses released during this synthesis can be deadly if not properly cared for. Its up to you to begin researching elsewhere to find out the what and how.

-GC

Guess this has been pretty much asked and answered. To the best of our ability anyway.

Good luck with your product OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.