• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fuzzy vision with MDMA?

About an hour after I do MDMA (tonight was 70mg), I get close-up blurry vision. Like I can' read shit without a magnifying glass. Is this common? And whats the pharmacology there?
Yeah that's normal for XTC. I believe the pharmacology is something akin to a serotonergic microseizure. From what I remember it's called jitter vision. It means it's working so congrats on having some good product.

Get that A LOT from higher doses and A LOT from any dose after smoking a joint while rolling. It kind of goes hand in hand with I’m melting into this fuzzy pleasure land.

It has a characteristic motion blurring effect that goes with the nystagmus (eye wobble) i think

Also some slight psychedelic (5HT2A agonist) activity which synergizes with that

Not my favorite symptom but probably not cause for concern

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard about how stuff looks like it's shaking when you take a high dose, So, I don't think you should be that concerned.

Eyes wiggling because you're off your face. Means you're up; I don't use the term 'rolling', but that's when you're up and rolling.

I first took some at a gig that has trees on the distant hill behind the stage. Suddenly it seemed like the view went a bit panaramic and changed a little. Wasnt quite binocular vision but something just instantly changed.

Pupils were at max at that moment

Yeah, good times. I remember a couple of doses back in the day where I could barely see, never mind read. You best believe those were some damn fine pills.

About an hour after I do MDMA (tonight was 70mg), I get close-up blurry vision. Like I can' read shit without a magnifying glass. Is this common? And whats the pharmacology there?
It's absolutely normal.

Serotonin and 5-HT receptor agonism causes mydriasis. Dilated pupils. Interestingly enough, you get the same symptoms when you go to the eye doctor and your eyes are dilated for an eye exam.

There can also be effects on the focusing muscles in your eyes as well. Saccades and nystagmus can make the muscles that your eye uses to focus. Just say fuck it until the MDMA is not instigating inadvertent eye movements.

If you notice smoke and fog where there really shouldn't be any tomorrow, that's completely normal too.

It's absolutely normal.

Serotonin and 5-HT receptor agonism causes mydriasis. Dilated pupils. Interestingly enough, you get the same symptoms when you go to the eye doctor and your eyes are dilated for an eye exam.

There can also be effects on the focusing muscles in your eyes as well. Saccades and nystagmus can make the muscles that your eye uses to focus. Just say fuck it until the MDMA is not instigating inadvertent eye movements.

If you notice smoke and fog where there really shouldn't be any tomorrow, that's completely normal too.
a respectable answer from a knowledgable guy! Thank you :)