• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Full blown panic attack on LSD. Ego death. Low dose. Effects lasting up to 48 hours.

regardless of weather this was LSD or not, it may well have been dox, or dob but no matter what I took, it was a small dose. Apparently it was 120mg of LSD (found out the dosage), even if it wasn't, it affected me many times more strongly than my friends who had taken larger doses.
I guess my question is;
is it possible that a flight response ie. a fuck ton of adrenaline, cortisol, other stress hormones, a massive heart rate and a high blood pressure could amplify the effects of the hallucinogen?
Obviously it causes a 'bad trip' but others have described a bad trip as extreme paranoia, thoughts of people conspiring against them etc...
I'd describe paranoia initially but then hugely amplified LSD effects after. Given my dose I should not have been 'feeling' my closed eye visuals never mind seeing them.

I found an article that perfectly describes what I went through; section 8B - Exposure to inner mechanics of human consciousness
Not sure if there is a rule against posting to external sites on here, if there is, I apologize but it best describes what I went through, kind of relieving actually;
http://disregardeverythingisay.com/post/9331287956/the-visual-components-of-a-psychedelic-experience

regardless of weather this was LSD or not, it may well have been dox, or dob but no matter what I took, it was a small dose. Apparently it was 120mg of LSD (found out the dosage), even if it wasn't, it affected me many times more strongly than my friends who had taken larger doses.

If it was in milligrams it wasn't LSD. 1 mg of LSD would be a 10 strip of decent quality acid. 120mg would probably land you in a mental ward if you took it.

Hi,

I had an extremely similar trip the one and only time I tried lsd. It almost felt like I was reading about my own trip.

I'm very similar to you in how my brain is wired. I am too very analytical, rapid thinking and can be mentally disorganised and I have similar but maybe not as good memory capabilities.

My trip was relatively recent but I tried to just forget about it. Some thoughts are starting to come back now and I am beginning to struggle with it slightly

I'd love to have private a conversation with you about this.

God, going to a club with a red carpet sounds like the most awful way to begin a trip ever. No wonder you had such a bad time. Try a forest next time :)

I loved LSD when I was 16. Me and my best friend did it every weekend for about 9 months and I thought I knew it inside out, until the day I had a bad one. Once I allowed negative thoughts in I couldn't reverse it. I don't really think LSD has an actual euphoria so what ever way your emotions take you, that's where you go. I thought I was gonna die for hours. I didn't obviously. This type of experience is not uncommon. I loved it so much but I didn't do it again for about 20 years, turning to E's and raving which obviously was awesome as well. I returned to it after those 20 years very cautiously. I was older, more head strong and had been experimenting with shrooms so I felt confident I would be ok. I was ok but you should never under estimate psychadelics and never under estimate the human mind and it's abilities to fuck with you. It's a complexed bit of kit so sticking something like LSD in it can produce some strange shit that can be life changing. In a good way or in a bad. Using it should be accompanied by the right mood, good friends and a relaxed enviroment. Good luck