• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Frustrating Withdrawl issues.. (benzo)

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
So for some reason my MD figured it would be a good idea to have me on .5mg of both klonopin and Ativan 2ce a day, on top of 5mg of Valium twice a day. I CAN NO LONGER DEAL WITH THESE BABY DOSES!! I never really could to be honest... before I came to this MD I was on 1mg kpin 3x daily...and that wasn't enough as my panic disorder was and is still out of control. .5mg lorazepam will not do jack SHIT...neither will .5mg clonazepam. I really just want/need to get to the point where I can get the nessicary theriputic relief from my medicine! This is ridiculous!!!

i've never understood why american doctors believe that long-term medication with benzodiazepines is the solution to mental health disorders. sure, they'll work in the immediate short term, but as soon as the patient becomes dependent(addicted) to them they actually make everything far worse - especially for panic disorder (which i have too btw). and even then they fail to provide an adequate supply of pills? its absolutely bat shit crazy, although the NHS isn't much better on the other end of the spectrum..

If I were you I would try to quit the benzos for good (taper off of course) and switch to something natural like CBD and it is really bad and need a prescription med, ask your doctor about hydroxyzine. Benzos make everything worse trust me, I have a panic disorder too and went through a bad xanax withdrawl but switching to CBD and hydroxyzine was the best decision of my life. Hydroxyzine has many benefits, espessially if you have nausea from anxiety it can cure nausea and vomiting, and not addictive with no withdrawls, and helps a lot with anxiety on its own. CBD is natural and also helps tremendously with panic disorders. Best of luck to you man.

Well.. I wasn't able to get anything so I'm going into unanticipated WD..I took 2.5mg of Valium earlier today, and have a little green but this is going to be rough...