Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Frozen Magic truffles tea

JorhanPsy

Greenlighter
Yello!

Last Autumn, i believe it was mid october, I made some tea from about 18g of Magic truffles. Since I wanted to keep it around for some time I froze it Down and have since kept it in my freezer for the future.

My questions are:

- Will it be ok to Thaw it and drink it?
- Could I add something to disquise the bad taste? F.ex. juice, soda, some luke warm water With a tea bag of my Choice and sugar?
- Will it still be active even after having been in the freezer for over 4 months now?

Thanks for any replies!

I think it would probably be okay to drink. if you melt it and it smells radically different from before you froze it, toss it. I only add sweeteners like honey, and sometimes lemon or lime to my mushroom tea. I have heard iced tea mix or kool aid powder works well. It should still be perfectly active.

I've had mushroom liquor in my freezer for 6 months and its still good. Same goes for cactus juice. If its in the freezer its good for a long ass time.

If you're storing truffles you are better simply drying them. If you put fresh truffles into the tea and then put it in the freezer for 6 months..it should be active if the freezing process hasn't dismantled the psilocybin.

Must be freezing fresh mushrooms I'm thinking of - I seem to remember that makes a mess of em!

Must be freezing fresh mushrooms I'm thinking of - I seem to remember that makes a mess of em!

Sounds nasty! Never tried that but it sounds like it would turn them into a disgusting consistency!

IMO mushroom liquor is the fucking winner! My biggest problem with eating mushrooms is getting the dose right, since the psilocybin content is so variable according to age. It's basically the same as mushroom tea but it acts as a more effective solvent and it hits you even faster than the tea does!

When you take the liquor, you can start with the equivalent of one gram and see how you feel after 10 minutes, and go up from there. Much easier than eating x grams, waiting an hour, and crossing your fingers that you took enough and not too much.

Next time try this recipe, I use it for all mushies I take:

1. Acquire: dried mushrooms, 76% grain alcohol, and lemons or limes

2. Powder dried mushrooms using a coffee grinder.

3. Drop the mushroom powder into a 50/50 mix of grain alcohol and fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice at desired ratio (I recommend using 10mL of solvent per gram of powdered mushroom).

4. Let soak for 48 hours at room temp.

5. Take mixture of solvent and mushroom and put in double boiler on very low heat (you want the liquid at about 110-130F). Keep at this temp for 20-30 minutes.

6. Strain using cheesecloth (the powder is very fine, it will clog a coffee filter).

7. Enjoy!