• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids From Oxycodone to Dilaudid to lower Oxy tolerance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bropiace

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

I have just registered but I've been an avid reader of this forum. Before getting on the subject, I'll take this opportunity to tank all of you.

Knowledge is power and this site have been extremelly helpfull to me numerous time, probably to a lot of other people as well, and that is because of you guys who keeps it alive and share information. This community makes a great job in harm reduction and educating those who needs it.

And now it seems that I do need it, so here it is :

A friend of mine has a serious medical condition and has access to lots of Oxycodone (Without acetaminophen or Ibuprophene). Altho I used a lot of different substance in my life I never happened to touch an opiate. About 8 months ago I had my first 5 mg of Oxycodone and it has been amazing. I haven't felt like this since, even when today I snort 80 mg. Anyway, not being a complete idiot I knew I should be carefull and space my usage so I've been using once or twice a week for a while.

Then I broke up with my GF, moved, got involved in starting multiple business which put me under a lot of pressure and I indulged myself abondantly. I have been told that as long as I do not use more than two days in a row I should be fine so I walked that line as thin as I could, binging two days (that actually sometimes ended up on the morning of the third day) followed by 24 hours of abstinance to start over again and once in a while I would stop for 2 or 3 days (but not that often to be honnest). I would mostly take the Oxy oraly and occasionnaly snort it. I have been naive enough to believe that as long as I would follow those guideline I should avoid physical dependancy. Obviously that wasn't the case and I eventually realised that I felt like shit on one of the day off.

At that time my highest usage in a day would have been 80 to 90 mg total and that would have been a rare occasion. Mostly sticking to 30 to 50 mg a day. Anyway, I chose not to go through withdrawal and using daily. After all, supply was steady, I felt great, truly a better person, more layback, able to communicate calmly, better during business meeting as well not mentionning the euphoria.

6 months later my tolerance is through the roof, supply is at maximum capacity and financially it is getting harder and harder (tho I am lucky enough to purchasing from a friend and not at street price).

I am currently snorting and ingesting 240 mg a day. That does not provide me with a nice high and I forgot about nodding. I am still building my business and it is critical that I am at my best so quitting now is just not an option. I am not even sure I would if it was. I really like who I am now and I can definetly live with the fact that I am an addict. From what information I gathered, there doesnt seems to be major health concern with prolonged use of Oxy (as long as I do not mix or take stupidly dangerous amount) and I generally keep the snorting to a minimum anyway.

What I want is to reduce my tolerance to a more managable level from which once or twice a week I will abuse to my hearth's content looking for a nice buzz and will only be maintaining the rest of the time.

When it comes to withdrawal I am kind of a pussy. So what I am about to do is take Dilaudid instead of Oxy for a day or two (I just scored 20x 4 mg) hoping that will help me reduce by maybe 40 mg a day when I get back on my usual Oxy diet. If it works I will definetly do this again and again. Maybe each weeks or each two weeks. However I have multiples questions before doing this, if you have read until now, well, thank you... You have been patient ;) and I am hoping you can help me figure this out :

A) Is there anyone who used this strategy with any kind of success ?

B) How long should I wait between my Dilaudid session to avoid creating another dependance ? Would a week be enough if I use Dilau two days in a row ?

C) I have read numerous thread on Oxy and Dilaudid equivalency, mostly on IV dosage but I would like to know what kind of dose I should consider snorting (at the moment, to even feel something I need to snort at least 40 mg of Oxy, snorting 80 mg gets me somewhat high for 2 to 4 hours but nowhere near a nod or even something intense however I NEVER used any other opioid beside Oxy). So is there someone who had a decent tolerance on Oxy when they first tried Dilaudid and do they remember what kind of dose it represented (snorting both) ?

D) I had to purchase the Dilaudid from a less than reliable source. They are yellow, have "D" on one side and "4" on the other. Anyone can confirm I have the real deal ? Would it be against the rule if I take pix and upload them here ?

E) Am I right to believe there is no real health concern beside overdosing (which I am really carefull no to) as long as I do not mix ?

Thank you for your time and I am glad I finally joined the community. Hoping I will be able to share my knowledge as well to eventually be usefull to someone.

Be aware they work on different sub receptors in the system.... While you may find relief from using dilaudid at the same time the body might be struggling with not having the activity from the oc. You can always quit if you want without it deviating your life. Trust me your strong enough to dig out of this hole no one person should have to struggle with.

Thank you Tacodude for a very fast response. I am indeed aware that it might be problematic. If that is the case I guess I will mix small amount of oxy with the Dilaudid. And I also intend to be carefull in dosing the Dilaudi since it might hit hard having never take any.

I would also like to tank you for ypur supportive comment. However I am not yet at a place where I want to kick the habit. I am looking to manage it better. Thank you again for your answer and your support.

That's a lot of info and hard to answer. First off, I dont think your plan of switching to dilaudid and hoping that will in turn lower your oxy intake is going to work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, altnough you can give it a shot. You actually may feel much of nothing from the dilaudid even though they are supposed to be stronger. I've seen that happen in many instances. FYI: 4mg dilaudid do come in yellow circles with a 'D' and a '4' on other side. I get those sometimes from the pharmacy.

To be honest, all I can really offer is to try your damndest to cut down from day to day, or week to week, or whatever. I am going to guess it wont be easy, but that is because I am trying to do that with dilaudid right now. I have to remjnd myself over and over that taking a half (for example) isn't going to give me a buzz or really make me feel anything BUT the point is to ween down at this point in time. So I just take the damn half of normal dose and am thankful that at least I have some of the med so I dont have to deal with the hell that are withdraws! Good luck!

I hate to tell you I don't think this will work either. You need to taper down your oxycodone slowly. You need to tell yourself that having less won't get you a buzz but it will stop you feeling crappy. I would lower my dose by 5mg every 2-3 days until your where you want to be. Good luck and welcome to bluelight.

" it is critical that I am at my best so quitting now is just not an option"

Most people on drugs think they preform better with their drug of choice, but almost invariably, this is not the case and in reality to an outside impartial observer they are preforming sub-optimally.

Stop doing drugs like a junkie fiend and get your shit together.

I believe () - hydro - oxy variations are more selective to their bodies regular sub type with morphine being mu while codeine works in kappa also metabolizing faster and becoming less selective to the sigma (maybe the cause of less skin irritation that only occurs with morphine without me having enough xp codeine). I find mu to be more sleep inducing and kappa is sedating in the same manner, but some reason either by lack or extra effect I don't sleep as deep. While respiratory depression seems to be caused more or on the mu activity in my opinion it exists on the kappa and you should be very very careful with them.

To conclude be very careful and aware of possible synergistic effect. Don't drink with it and don't use benzos AT ALL. If you already feel tired at your dose time like you're about to collapse when it's later in the night then maybe skip the night dose as it's always better to use less than more as your body is what gets you through everything even the drug numbing/exciting your body. On the regular it's a good idea to dose a an hour or so hours before bed rather right at bed time.

I wish the best to you as it's a challenging path.

I think its like 30-40mg of oxy is equipotent to 8mg of dilaudid... and that is oral.. its around there I know.. but I don't know if that is the exact equal dose IV.. From first hand experience slamming both many times... I know this.. 8mg of dilaudid IV OWNS 30-40mg of oxy IV.. Oxy is not the best when Ived, not by a long shot.. it has the best BA, but surely does NOT feel as it does. I had to bang at least 90mg of oxy, to get anything even reminiscent of a rush.. and the high with IV oxy is always short lived in my experience..

Now dilaudid, 8mg IV... will give the most intense rush, or definitely one of the most intense rushes ever, if you are not a high-tolerance, every day opioid user.. it will have you destroyed, but still... very short lived, even moreso than oxy is when done IV. Dilaudid, even the first shot I ever did of it at 8mg, gave me probably one of the top 10 best feelings of my life, when I got that rush the first time.. it lasted around 3-8 minutes, then kind of just faded to a warm, fuzzy nice euphoric opioid high for the next 45 mins to an hour or so.. then just kind of went away.. and within 2-3 hours after shooting it, I was already sick.. in need of more opioids. That was when I had a hefty ~150-300mg a day oxy habit, sniffing and smoking them mostly.. occasionally IV and plugging oxy too, but never really liked oxy iv, unless I mixed it with dilaudid in one rig and shot them both.. that was very incredible too.. but very bad.. don't start if you don't already do it! I wasn't really trying to say like its so good, go do this! I was saying, its too fucking good for your own good.. don't do it! I cant stop you obviously and you will do what you want.... all I can say, is it is a whole other type of addiction going from sniffing an oxy or something once a day, to shooting one... then 3.. then 10 a day.. as tolerance rises very quick with IVing opioids as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.