• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Friends being careless

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
A few of my friends who use MDMA have no respect for the substance and will take it whenever they feel like it, for as long as it's around. This worries me a lot. Does anyone have/know where I can find a couple of resources that may aid me in scaring them, at the very least, into waiting a month in between rolls, as well as not re-dosing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe show them the this website. There's TONS of horror story about the dark side of MDMA

Haha yeah pretty much what Mazzab said. Hell, a screenshot showing the thread titles on the first page of this section should be more than enough, let alone should they read the content of these threads.

Nope, i dont think theres any, theyre probably too stubborn, like wont happen to me and that stuff. Im talking from experience.

Search for article's about MDMA's neurotoxicity and oxidative stress. If they don't care about that, just let them experience the dark side of MDMA for themselves.

Been dealing with this ever since I began. You just can tell them what you know and hope they listen. If they dont, dont let it bother you. Its an unfortunate reality of this world.

Obviously, I don't know how old your friends are but I know how some people just don't care enough about harm reduction to use just half an hour reading up on drugs that they want to do.
I know this from experience. My interest in drugs startet back when I was about 14 and unlike everyone I knew, I actually did a shitload of research about what ever drug I might wanted to try, before trying it that is. Doing this, I learned a lot about how to take said drugs with the least possible side effects.
My friends however, couldn't care less about this information. I mean, literally, they wouldn't listen and I was seen as being way too overcautious, some people actually found it wierd that I would "waste" my time reading about stuff like that.

Point being that, depending on your friends, you might not be able to help them no matter how well educated you are on the subject. I know for a fact that my friends at the time wouldn't bother to read on a forum like this. In the end, a few of them came around but that was years later, after first having burnt their fingers.

Search for article's about MDMA's neurotoxicity and oxidative stress. If they don't care about that, just let them experience the dark side of MDMA for themselves.

One of the friends, the one I'm the most worried about, did 2 grams of MDMA in 2 and a half days, and still abuses it whenever it comes around.

Obviously, I don't know how old your friends are but I know how some people just don't care enough about harm reduction to use just half an hour reading up on drugs that they want to do.
I know this from experience. My interest in drugs startet back when I was about 14 and unlike everyone I knew, I actually did a shitload of research about what ever drug I might wanted to try, before trying it that is. Doing this, I learned a lot about how to take said drugs with the least possible side effects.
My friends however, couldn't care less about this information. I mean, literally, they wouldn't listen and I was seen as being way too overcautious, some people actually found it wierd that I would "waste" my time reading about stuff like that.
Exact same boat it makes me angry. Even many doctors act like this yet also always admit that I am constantly educating them and am extremely intelligent only to then try to say I'm wasting it all by using drugs, studying drugs, and thinking about them. It's such a fail as without research I would've started with ecstacy pills at the age of sixteen vs cannabis. Research has saved my life and taken me far.

Sadly some don't think that way and go the path of ignorance is bliss. The only way to show them otherwise is to find easy to understand extremely layman's termed solution. Pictures and video are best. Mapping the brain and pointing out where on the map is affected by what and how it can damage as that is just a pain to explain without losing people. Find tv shows like intervention that show a mdma abuser during heavy addiction and recovery. There was a BBC program called "how drugs work" 3 part special on cannabis, ecstacy, and cocaine. If you can find out the ecstacy one would be a good choice although I think their "facts" where a bit embellished and off.

Edit : As someone pointed out sadly they may have to learn from experience, which is the best teacher. All you can do is try to hold them back from falling into the hole they have dug for themself and to let them fall and hit the bottom if needed or to save yourself. It's never ok for a friend to make another friend responsible like that as it's not what friends do. It's what someone does for someone they care about and worry for while having hope for until that person makes it impossible themself or possibly something out of their control that forces others to lose hope for and cause worry while someone shouldn't lose the care of another person unless they bring it upon themself

Erowids bluelight and drugsforum are pretty good for research if you know how to research.

I also have a lot of friends that have no clue what they're doing. I know how stressful it can be trying to explain things to narcissistic people.

If someone says Molly or mdma without testing it first, I find it nearly impossible to hold back from slapping them across the face.

I have a friend like this, a girl. She was completely lost that while she was dancing, she suddenly blacked out and when she got up she asked me for E. Swear to god If i have 5000000 pills on that time, I wouldn't give her any. I got sober while taking care of her.

I do not know how to deal with this people. For now I avoid myself cause if anything bad happens, you'll know the consequences.