View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Friend Passed Out On Mushrooms

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Can mushrooms make you pass out/temporarily lose consciousness? Anyways, my friend ate mushrooms one night, and then she just suddenly got all cold, passed out, and fell down the stairs. She actually broke her leg really bad falling down the stairs, and she had a cast for a couple months 8o I never have heard of mushrooms doing that. I personally suspect she may have been taking a medication that interacts with the mushrooms or something. She definitely does take medications for stuff, and she also could have been doing other drugs idk :? Has anyone else heard of this with mushrooms, because I've literally heard nothing of it other than from her. I've also heard that they are physically non-toxic, which would make this seem exceptionally unlikely.

Yes this has happened to me twice, although one of the times I was technically on 4-AcO-DMT.
I've heard of it happening to others as well so it's not an unheard of phenomenon, but it seems no one knows the exact mechanism behind it.
It seems to me to be related to anxiety though because before I end up fainting my heart always starts racing and beating really hard and breathing gets shallow, kind of like a panic attack, and then I faint.
I think smoking herb during the trip is a likely contributor as well, for some people at least; the second time it happened to me I had just finished blazing right before it happened.

It probably had something to do with blood pressure/sugar. Had she eaten anything in the past few hours? Was she fasting before taking the mushrooms?

Yes its fairly common. It affects your blood pressure or circulation somehow. Thats really the only thing it can be

I've got a friend who passes out on weed, and you'd think weed was a fairly benign drug. I can also remember certain people passing out on a regular basis during assembly etc in school. So I wouldn't be surprised if somebody ppassed out on mushrooms.

It seems to me to be related to anxiety though because before I end up fainting my heart always starts racing and beating really hard and breathing gets shallow, kind of like a panic attack, and then I faint.
I think smoking herb during the trip is a likely contributor as well, for some people at least; the second time it happened to me I had just finished blazing right before it happened.

I agree with Holy Toast on both counts here. My friend passed out when we were in public on mushrooms and almost smashed his head off some rocks. We had just taken 4 large bong rips about 20 minutes before. I believe the weed made the trip much more intense, which led to extreme anxiety/panic attack and then he fainted as a result of that.

Whoa... I believe the term is: orthostatic hypotension, which causes a temp. drop of blood pressure, a number of other symptoms, including anxiety & dizziness, sudden unconsciousness,. Bonging as MescMan says increases shroom power for 1/2hr, so be careful. It's also happened to people dabbing, but on mushrooms this is more than unwelcome. Careful with bongs, concentrates, these can make this more readily occur.

Glad people were eventually ok. HR ! Be safe friends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

Whoa... I believe the term is: orthostatic hypotension, which causes a temp. drop of blood pressure, a number of other symptoms, including anxiety & dizziness, sudden unconsciousness,. Bonging as MescMan says increases shroom power for 1/2hr, so be careful. It's also happened to people dabbing, but on mushrooms this is more than unwelcome. Careful with bongs, concentrates, these can make this more readily occur.

Glad people were eventually ok. HR ! Be safe friends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

(Danks through Bongs)+Mushrooms are greater than the sum of their parts. Not only does the bong make the mushrooms much much stronger, but the mushrooms make the bong much much stronger. An interactionary term would be appropriate if one was quantifying trip intensity through a function of mushroom and weed consumption. Even having a high weed tolerance doesn't help you much if you are on mushrooms.

That's actually why I love combo'ing substances with weed. You don't have to do it right away either; you can enjoy the peak "cleanly" but still boost it with weed afterwards. Neither does one have to worry about tolerance negation or (generally) adverse effects.

The mix is underrated and popular IRL, but not here. I've always been confused about this, however I totally understand that if you're not used to weed itself, then it's going to boost the effects a lot further than one may be comfortable with.

Passing out / fainting is a heard of effect of mushrooms in particular though I guess it could happen with compounds related to the alkaloids in em..
Should all be covered in this topic, I don't believe it's considered dangerous just like brain zaps aren't - but they are messed up / scary:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/676090-Mushrooms-Subthread-Seizures-amp-Blackouts

I had never heard of brain zaps, but as soon as you said that I knew exactly what it was because I have experienced it several times from trying to fall asleep after a trip on mushies or mescaline.

Has anyone else ever experienced brain zaps while trying to sleep after tripping?

(Danks through Bongs)+Mushrooms are greater than the sum of their parts. Not only does the bong make the mushrooms much much stronger, but the mushrooms make the bong much much stronger. An interactionary term would be appropriate if one was quantifying trip intensity through a function of mushroom and weed consumption. Even having a high weed tolerance doesn't help you much if you are on mushrooms.

Without doubt, Interaction is a wide consideration & is why I tend to keep it simpler. Quantifying can be very personal, but yours is a safe point...more so the more I read others experiences. Not one to mix for these reasons, although cannabis has not presented a problem to me yet, everyone is so different. It makes me want to find a link to a list I saw this week of absolute "do not" mix's, although no list can be universally comprehensive.

No man, not at any stage, well rather not yet. As I wave down it's smooth the nearer sleep comes: h-phones & a new appreciation of good lyrics.

Ive had brain zaps, maybe once or twice but not when trying to fall asleep.

From mescaline I've had jolts, but that wasn't just annoying zaps - that was me getting catapulted into an OOBE type state. A bit 'shocking' and scary but not annoying like brain zaps. Which are just disorienting and concerning if you don't know how serious that might be or what the hell it is..

One time I was tripping on mushrooms but things got too confusing to my liking and I tried to fall asleep on the couch. Every time I seemed to doze of a brainzap would wake me up with a loud bang in my head. I interpreted this as the mushrooms keeping me with the lesson, like a teacher who wakes a dozing pupil.

This was not after a trip but during the peak.

One time I was tripping on mushrooms but things got too confusing to my liking and I tried to fall asleep on the couch. Every time I seemed to doze of a brainzap would wake me up with a loud bang in my head. I interpreted this as the mushrooms keeping me with the lesson, like a teacher who wakes a dozing pupil.

This was not after a trip but during the peak.

Ah this has happened to me at the peak as well! Very interesting, I thought I was alone on this one

I have been diagnosed epileptic in 8 years now. I have had many seizures so far with or without drugs and prescription medicines. Levetiracetam, Valproat, Carbamazepine, and in the beginning Clobazam or other benzodiazepines. Now only 1500mg levetiracetam and 200mg carbamazepine splitted - morning/sleep.

I have done mushrooms many times years ago - but the last time i did it with a close friend something happened similar to what people in here are talking about. My friend had seen me having epileptic seizures before. This mushroom trip was good - but +4 hours in i walked to the toilet and tried to pee, i walked up fast from the couch, a quick head-rush occurred. I remember starring down the toilet trying to pee, then I felt a little dizzy and my legs became flubber. I felt down to the ground and my friend quickly got out to me in the toilet room. He said I didnt cramp as he has seen me before do under a what we call a epileptic seizure. I cramp 2-5 minutes under all other seizures i have had. But i just "quickly" looked up calm starring into my friends eyes and said "what happened?"

I haven't had a epileptic seizure since. It is 4 months now. My epilepsy "calendar" is usually 2-5 seizures pr. 2-3 months. My longest period in the 8 years was almost 1,5 year and in that period I was in hospital often under the influence of benzodiazepines and other things the hospital gave, trying to figuring out why I was having all these seizures. So no really studying or activety in that time hehe.

Greetings :)

Last edited:
Ah this has happened to me at the peak as well! Very interesting, I thought I was alone on this one

Find these brain zaps on shrooms interesting, even on high dose sessions I just haven't had anything like during any stage but a lot else lol... Even in a full synesthesia. I get more 'electric' like sensations throughout the body on LSD but not so much zaps, but more constant electronic feeling & metallic taste, in mouth & throat; body stone.