• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Friend needs help bad! Opiate withdrawal questions.

Oxymoron97

Greenlighter
My friend has been on Narcotics sense he was 15 & is now 19 & is coming up about a week short of getting a refill on oxy 10s (these are for his arm that has been operated on multiple times) during this week he is going to be experiencing withdraw & will get deadly sick & depressed & needs advice to get through this or any other ideas please help! I didn't know where else to turn for advise

Lopermide eases wds but don't mega dose(80mgs or more). I'd take 16mgs give it awhile and if thats not cutting it bump up in increments of 8mgs. I thought it was bullshit but it took away almost all of my wds . If you can get some benzos or even somas to help with anxiety you can escape the worst part of wds at least in my experience. I'm not a doctor just a fellow addict that has done this. In one form or another I've been on opiates since 1994.

Honestly that's a pretty low dose, so I wouldn't expect really super bad W/D symptoms. I'm not sure taking a bunch of loperamide is really necessary. See how you feel and play it by ear, you may be pleasantly surprised.

^^ Agreed. If necessary, Kratom works in a pinch. I consider Kratom safer than loperamide in this situation. Also, tell your friend, avoid stimulants during this time.

Honestly that's a pretty low dose, so I wouldn't expect really super bad W/D symptoms. I'm not sure taking a bunch of loperamide is really necessary. See how you feel and play it by ear, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Dose the OP mention dose?
Says oxy 10s, but not how many...

I assumed it was multiple 10's seeing how he ran out of his script a week early. Don't know specifically the amount but am pretty sure if he's been an addict for 4 years it's probably a good bit.
Also you guys think Kratom would be the lesser of the 2 evils? I like the lope because it's not psychoactive (at least at doses I'm suggesting) so less chance to abuse it,I could be wrong!

Loperamide is much more available than kratom and you get what you pay for since the product is consistent with it being a pharmaceutical drug. It's cheap and it's over the counter, so it's a better option IMO, although if you have a good vendor where you can get Kratom and you know it's a quality product and you're able to order it and have it sent to your house, yes it is an option.

With loperamide for the longest time I was very skeptical about the efficacy of the drug since on paper it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and at the usual doses it has no psychoactive effect. However there comes a point when the anecdotal evidence is so overwhelming that it becomes obvious that the drug works when you're taking large doses for opiate withdrawal (WD). Too many people try it and find it works, reporting success on bluelight which I've gleaned from all the posts I've read on Bluelight over the years. So a small proportion of the drug evidently makes it through the blood brain barrier and this amount is enough to stave off withdrawal but not enough to have typical opiate effect on the brain by being active on the u-opioid receptors. Since the drug is used to treat diarrhoea the main side effect when taking mega doses for opiate WD is constipation but I've found that a combination of lactulose (15ml morning and evening) and Senna (extra strong) in the evening more than counteracts the effect on the gastrointestinal tract. It may even be too effective for some people, causing diarrhoea so you may be better off just sticking to the lactulose. Alternatively another osmotic laxative like polyethylene glycol (Movicol) will work just as well as the lactulose but I've found the lactulose easier to manage since I only need to take it twice a day as opposed to one sachet of Movicol four times a day, each one dissolved in 125ml water.

Good luck! You have my sympathy as I know too well the pain of opiate withdrawal.