• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Friend drank codeine /promethazine from 2009, is sick, but doesn't want the er..

NeedHelpASAP641

Greenlighter
He drank 70ml which is about 140mg of codeine last night and this morning he threw up a bunch and now just has an upset stomach. But could this turn into more?

That is pretty old medicine, especially for a syurp... I would think maybe it's just not agreeing with him. Meds usally only get weaker over time as far as I know... but i wouldnt expect it to make one sick just from being old... i don't really know tho

Was he sick after taking or only the next day?

Also: I'm almost positive I have at some time in my life took cough medicine that had been sitting in the cabinet for at least as long as this has if not longer... of course not a huge amount.... and nothing bad happened to me.

If someone Frank from the bottle before sitting out that long it probably grew some mold or bacteria in it. Probably not the best thing to drink.

I dont think it has it have anything wrong with it for 140 mg of codeine to make someone vomit. Esp if hes not a user doses to a daily opiate user that might seem mild could easily have him puking for hours and consuming that much promethazineis gunna blocksodium channels mACh and dopamine d2 receptors so i would preduct not be surpised after taking what 100 mg that hed be having dry mouth trouble with motor skills confusion weird tingling ect.