Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

French drug law - new psychoactive substances

specialspack

Bluelighter
Hello all,
Does anyone have concrete information on French drug laws, specifically in relation to NPSs?

So far all I have been able to find is the following:

In France, new psychoactive substances are controlled under the Criminal Code, which lists them as drugs based on a decision of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Since 2012, generic classifications of chemical groups have also been introduced, with a ban on most cathinones having been implemented that year, followed by synthetic cannabinoids and 25x-NBOMe (phenethylamine) derivatives in 2015, and fentanils and more cathinones in 2017.

I assume that these "criminal code" classifications must be publicly viewable somewhere, but all I can find is this:
And the only references to any drugs in there appear to be references to tariffs for analysis...

Anyone got any ideas..?

Do you speak frog?

With a simple google I can find you more...

Great stuff, thanks! I can read a little and have a French speaking pal who can translate. From those links I can see that yep cathinones are illegal, and a long list of cannabinoids, mostly old JWHs.

I'm more interested in arylcyclohexylamines, psychedelics and more recent benzos. Non of which seem to be in that drug dictionary... they are mentioned as classes on the NSP page, but the only links are to cathinones, cannabinoids, BZP and opioids.

Ah ok I think we're getting somewhere now...
Links out to the following list, updated April 2018:

This is fairly comprehensive, includes lots of PEAs, NBOMEs, cannabinoids like MDMB-CHMICA etc, BK-2-CB, Methoxphenidine & Diphenidine, and there's "catch-all" categories of PEAs and benzofurans which I guess covers most of PIHKAL etc like UK law.
However:
- while PCP and PCE are listed, they are only under a section banning their isomers and salts, so I think PCP derivatives are not covered.

- I can't see any designer benzos mentioned by name - well, I can's see ANY benzos at all on the list.

- There doesn't appear to be a "catch-all" tryptamine group, but DMT and DET are named specifically. So I guess MET and MIPT derivatives are ok?