• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Freebass taste

Knittingkittens

Greenlighter
Hi new here so hope I've posted in the right place. OK so I have been washing up cocaine in and of for 5 years I use ammonia. Recently I have stuff that washes up great. No problem with the process but the taste of it is kinda burnt metallic taste. Anyone know why this happens I have new gauze and I use Ash so pipe is clean which is what I though the problem might have been last night.

So you are using the same brand ammonia same tools and containers, same pipe, same brand gauze.
Did you cook the gauze in the oven before using it?

I had nearly the exact same post written and didnt hit reply because I had to go back to work haha @Phobos

Was the ammonia in a metal can by any chance?
Different type of metal in the pipe?
Something must be different if you havent experienced this before. I doubt it was the coke; all cocaine will vary from batch to batch and seeing as how this has never happened in 5 years, it's probably something that is in plain sight that you did slightly differently this time.

It's funny cause of taste of crack in NY, PA, OH : "generally" has a totally different taste then the crack in Houston Texas..it's Mike it's a whole different base...maybe more cause of purity... 0.7 gram smoked between me and girl took about five hours..almost puked after one blast

It's funny cause of taste of crack in NY, PA, OH : "generally" has a totally different taste then the crack in Houston Texas..it's Mike it's a whole different base...maybe more cause of purity... 0.7 gram smoked between me and girl took about five hours..almost puked after one blast

Crack cocaine is free from any base, hence the name freebase cocaine. All free base means is that the compound in question (an amine/alkaloid) is not in the form of a salt such as cocaine hcl. No matter where you are, freebase cocaine is the same. As for purity, if the OP has been washing her product with acetone for 5 years she probably has her technique down pretty well and is removing most cuts, but that is not to say that there isnt a different cut in this batch that might not be removed by the wash. If the crack up north is tasting different than the crack down south, it's probably a cutting agent. My bet is still on the cocaine or other item she used before/during/after the wash coming in contact with a metal.

If some acid and some types of metal are involved that might be the culprit, to give an example using a bowl of the wrong type of metal when making mayo will give it a very strong metallic taste and that's just a bit of lemon juice diluted in the mayo.