View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Freebasing psychedelics/dissociatives

vortech

Bluelighter
I'm interested in reports of successful experiments freebasing research chemical psychedelics such as 4-ho/aco-met, 3-meo-pcp/pce, deschloroketamine etc. Also, if it can be vaporized effectively as the HCL salt or whatever form it appears normally, are there advantages to converting it to free base?
Apologies if there is already a thread about this, I couldn't find one.

I believe I've succeeded in turning 3meoPCE into its freebase, because when I added baking soda to an aqueous solution of it, it fizzed. However, I used way too much water and baking soda and was left with an unusable product.

I have had success smoking the salt by putting it on top of weed, gently inhaling while melting it, then smoking the weed beneath it.

DCK HCl salt can be vaporized no problem in most cases. One batch I got was a bit harsh to vape so no idea if there is some purity variations at play. Tried vaping MXP HCl salt and abandoned that experiment. Seemed too caustic to inhale. Aside from MXE which vapes nicely in salt form, haven't vaporized any other dissociatives.

As far as freebasing psychedelics, I was wondering about this recently myself too. I don't have access to volatile solvents like dichloromethane or ether for a two phase freebase prep so I avoid doing any freebase preparation procedures in general since my laboratory days are over. I like to vape my freebase psychedelics by dissolving them in acetone and applying them to a non-psychoactive herb like damiana. Not many psychedelics can be purchased in freebase form. Only ones I've purchased that way were MPT and 4-HO-MPT and these vape nicely.

I've wondered if baking soda mixed with acetone and gently boiled over a period of time might be enough to freebase some chemicals without needing a second phase for the extraction. Baking soda is very mildly soluble in acetone (0.02 wt% acetone). Just a curiosity, not saying it'd work. I'd like to try preparing DPT freebase this way as an experiment. Then the acetone could be easily applied to the herb and evaporated off easily without need for a more sophisticated procedure.