• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Freebasing Cocaine, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerKäptn

Greenlighter
Hello there,

so the last Weekend i tried to freebase some cocaine i ordered <no sources>. The Vendor looked trustworthy so i gave it a shot.
I've been trying the ammonia and heat method and couldn't get results as they were mentioned in a tutorial someone gave me. As i heated the coke, at first it directly got hard but it didn't look like the freebase (described as yellowish oily substance that forms on the surface of the ammonia), so i applied more heat and it got like a goo and started to dissolve completly in the ammonia so i stopped and let it get hard. When i smoked it, there was no "flash" at all it just got me some kind of high but not the descrided 2-3 minute rush you should feel.

Now, is there somebody who can explain to me what i did wrong or if it even was cocaine to begin with?

thanks in advance

ps. yes i've read Le Junk's post about the "correct porcedure" (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...correct-procedure!?highlight=freebase+cocaine) but i wanted to do it the "oldschool street"-way

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro we can't tell you anything related to synthesis and this isn't like cwe where it clearly reduces harm.

Are you standing over heated ammonia ? Your gunna get sick as a dog. Your lucky u didn't end up In the hospital.

The ammonia you have is ammonium hydroxide and ammonia is much more reactive. The purpose of ammonia is to shift the pH of the solution far right. Inorder to do this typical a organic solvent is used which is very toxic to dissolve the it. And over all your asking to burn down your house. Or get ammonia poisoning which is scary

Bro we can't tell you anything related to synthesis and this isn't like cwe where it clearly reduces harm.

Are you standing over heated ammonia ? Your gunna get sick as a dog. Your lucky u didn't end up In the hospital.

The ammonia you have is ammonium hydroxide and ammonia is much more reactive. The purpose of ammonia is to shift the pH of the solution far right. Inorder to do this typical a organic solvent is used which is very toxic to dissolve the it. And over all your asking to burn down your house. Or get ammonia poisoning which is scary

Considering some of the crazy cuts that are found in cocaine, I imagine there could be some HR value in purifying poor quality cocaine. That said, this seems very close to synth discussion. I have no experience in this area, so I'll defer closing/leaving it open to the discretion of another mod with more experience here.

I agree i think there is a big difference between
Q: I mixed store bought ammonia and left it out in the sun for a week shaking every few hours or so because i dont want to ingest cutts that carry unknown risks but nothing happened is it safe to heat it up over the stove?

And

Q: i have X mols of cocaine hcl how many grams of Y do
I need to reach an equilibrium of atleast 90% unprotonated cocaine.

I never heard of an " ammonia and heat method"

I've heard of baking soda plus heat; I've heard of ammonia itself ( with water rinse)

Maybe I'm wrong ( I didn't freebase much; mostly IV'd), but it sounds like you are mixing up the two methods of making freebase ?

I think he's confusing in a lab where they might use ammonium hydroxide in large excess to move the cocaine into the organic solvent layer with the more common baking soda way. Technically both sodium bicarbonate and ammonium hydroxide can function as the base but ammonium hydroxide is alot easier to inhale and poison yourself

I think he's confusing in a lab where they might use ammonium hydroxide in large excess to move the cocaine into the organic solvent layer with the more common baking soda way. Technically both sodium bicarbonate and ammonium hydroxide can function as the base but ammonium hydroxide is alot easier to inhale and poison yourself

Good point. Working with ammonia from home is a great way to poison yourself. After further thought, I think this needs to be closed for now as it's too close to synth discussion, and there's no HR advice for chemistry besides extensive education and following OHSA/SDS protocols. Another mod can reopen this if they feel it has HR value, but for now, this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.