View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Freebase 4 subs?

Galeoflight

Greenlighter
I have glanced at a few threads in regards to various 4 subs and havent came across to much information on freebasing other than 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-dmt.

Does any one have any experince with freebasing these molecules

Any advice for converting from a Fumarate Salt?

cj187 posted this awhile ago I have used this method successfully:

I had the fumarate salt. I used 2 parts 4-HO-DPT to 1 part baking soda. I calculated the molar masses, which gives a ratio of 3.78 to 1, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to use an excess of baking soda. It reacted in seconds without heat, then I slowly heated the spoon with a lighter to evaporate the water. I would heat it a little bit at a time, then stir it, causing the 4-HO-DPT to clump up. I ended up with a lump of 4-HO-DPT paste in the middle of the spoon.

I'm starting to think that vaporization is a very effective method for all tryptamines. Most people say it's not very efficient for 4 substituted tryptamines, but I think that's just because they are normally found as salts. There are reports of people successfully vaporizing 4-HO-MPT that was sold as a freebase. I think I read somewhere that Alexander Shulgin tried vaporizing psilocybin or psilocin and it worked. I have vaporized metocin and miprocin in their fumarate salt forms and I got some effects, but less than if I had taken it orally. I think as a freebase it would work pretty well.

I have also experimented with sodium carbonate which is "dried" baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - this way it requires less of a base powder and the reaction happens quicker IME. To make sodium carbonate simply put your baking soda on foil in an oven at 200F for an hour.

I hope this helps! ;)

I have also experimented with sodium carbonate which is "dried" baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) - this way it requires less of a base powder and the reaction happens quicker IME. To make sodium carbonate simply put your baking soda on foil in an oven at 200F for an hour.

I hope this helps! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. Looking forward to trying the tec out sometime soon