• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

free learning material

I found the below just the other day and wanted to post about it somewhere. This thread seems to be the very place.

It's not a publication but rather an entire site.

Of particular interest to me was the below i.e. test preparation for the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test). Scary part is that this is just PREPARATION for the fucking ADMISSIONS test for fuck sake! Not going to be writing any Fentanyl prescriptions in this lifetime evidently! :ROFLMAO:

And in the context of these forums here's a unit from the above i.e. "Processing the environment - Drug Dependence".

Truth be told:

As a result of a thread that was started here the other day (about half lives) I found myself about to jump in on the conversation but then realized but hold on one moment i.e. you have been posting about addiction and dependence and withdrawal since 2019 but ACTUALLY how much do you know about the mechanisms and mechanics! Not ashamed to admit it i.e. not much at all. Anyway. So I found myself going through the above module (unit) video by video after failing the initial practice test miserably and embarrassingly.

Those among us that are qualified will, in all probability, have a good laugh at the videos I assume. But hey: they answered a lot of questions that I thought I knew the answers to but was wrong and way off of the mark. Suppose the point I'm trying to make is that there's no shame in admitting that you don't know everything and asking questions. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway! :)

Last edited:
and these pages were really informative:

Also good for basic learning exercises is The TRC pharmacology app for apple devices.

Also a good Site especially for learning chemistry is chemgapedia, originally in German but it’s also available in english: