Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Free Heroin, Cocaine & Meth Are Being Distributed to Stop Overdoses

nznity

Bluelighter
Free Heroin, Cocaine & Meth Are Being Distributed to Stop Overdoses
Vice
25 Sep 2021

Video description: Activists in Vancouver, Canada are buying drugs on the dark web, testing them for purity and then giving them away for free. They hope to bring attention to an unprecedented overdose crisis caused by fentanyl cut into street drugs. While technically drug trafficking, local police have so far allowed the drug giveaways as a form of political protest. The demand is simple: give drug users access to a safe supply of drugs so they don't risk accidental overdose with every high.

Watch the video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that this person or idk I don't think he/she is working on his/her own but i think it's a pretty good idea to stop people from dying of fentanyl ODs. I'm sick of hearing the word fentanyl tbh....it's the most underwhelming opioid high and so dangerous.they definitely are a collective of peeps sick and tired of almost 10 years since fent took control of the heroin supply.It's quite controversial what this group of guys are doing. Opinions?

I haven’t heard of progress being made up to this point in time Feb 2022. It’s hard to change the system when Politicians don’t want to change their views. If Government argues that Methadone and Suboxone are established safe-supplies that already exist to replace Opioids and the amount of money government is making off those does not incite system-wide change.

I personally prefer complete decriminalization like Portugal.

Last edited:
personally i support the movement. people are gonna find it somewhere. at least this way there is some quality control.

i know pearl clutching folks probably flipped shit over this, it’s the best alternative we have to a pharmaceutical safe supply right now

i do really wish this was available to folks through a pharmacy though, having trained medical professionals on hand is always a good idea when distributing substances…

personally i support the movement. people are gonna find it somewhere. at least this way there is some quality control.

i know pearl clutching folks probably flipped shit over this, it’s the best alternative we have to a pharmaceutical safe supply right now

i do really wish this was available to folks through a pharmacy though, having trained medical professionals on hand is always a good idea when distributing substances…
At least they're doing the best they can with limited budget and no help. Their intentions are good, at least nobody is dying from femt poisoning.

At least they're doing the best they can with limited budget and no help. Their intentions are good, at least nobody is dying from femt poisoning.
yeah that’s definitely not a criticism of this group, moreso of the laws in place preventing that from happening.