• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fraud on eBay?

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Just wondering if any of you have been defrauded as a seller through eBay and what your experience has been. I've never had issues in the past but lately I've been selling electronics and it seems to have attracted some fishy behaviour, these aren't exactly dollar items so I really want to avoid any possibility of chargebacks.

Well this is an old thread. lol Sorry, noticed your name and the topic. Ebay fraud is rampant and selling electronics is one of the shady areas there. Ebay is also very aware of it and make sure your sales are on the up and up.

Here is a great place to read on ebay fraud, stealth accounts, and how the system works. http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/f69-ebay/

It's a great way to see the other side of things including the blackhat way to do stuff.

hmm those are some weird schemes. i've been worried more about people using hacked Paypal accounts to pay for goods and have them shipped to a drop address, more of a risk since i'll ship internationally. haven't had any issues so far, to get "seller protection" I just have to ship only to the address linked to the Paypal account used to pay so I guess that probably limits most of the people trying to use hacked accounts. I've tried messing with the more granular controls too (e.g. what type of accounts get to see my auctions) but it's just making it harder to shift items, I'd be better off getting scammed once in a while. thanks for the link!