• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Frank Science-based discussion on Cannabis brain effects

RednecRampage

Greenlighter
I tire of anecdotal and behavioral based commentary about cannabis. I can throw a rock from my wheelchair and hit someone that will try to convince me that it's healthier because it's natural, and that discussion usually sidebars into how American law stigmatized it in the 1900s, and so forth.
But simply, anything your body tries to expunge, usually doesn't belong there.
Now I am by no means clean. I ingest a huge, giant amount of junk to deal with the serious symptoms of advanced Multiple Sclerosis. Further, I hold no objection to individuals using who are not involved in sociopathic behavior against their neighbor. You don't mess with me; I don't mess with you. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and so on.
So please do not infer that into my inquiry. I simply would like to hear a frank, scientific, conversation about the long term, physical effects of marijuana on the CNS.
This would seem a good place to ask. Thank you.

Brain or CNS I can go on and on about the brain effects such as THC stored in the Brain when Quitting long term use you get extremely Vivid Nightmares as it is Slowly Leaves The Part Of The Brain That Proccesses Dreams And Other Things Related To Dreams. It Lasts Up Until The Point Of Completely Being THC Free to stop the Intensely Vivid Dreams 100% That is which can take 1-2 Monnths Depending on Body Weight And Metabolism Fat Percentage And Metabolism number one factors second would be water and food intake and body weight, More So Alot With Water But Nacin Or Any Fat Burning Herb or even like REPLACING CURRENT FATTY TISSUES and such Help.

I should clarify: you told me how it affects physiology, but when I ask how it affects health, I meant actually the overall question: Is it good or bad? You indeed told me where it gets deposited, and perhaps for this topic it can be assumed that most are aware of the affects of marijuana, so I'm asking what is the effects with regard to positive impact on health or not.
one effect, bad nightmares, has been suggested.
Can this be good or bad? I could see this being a serious problem. If the nightmares are constantly interfering with sleep cycle, then you start to suffer the effects resulting from insomnia. So that's one check for 'bad' for this 'not as bad as other drug comment i'm exploring...so far one effect is purported to be very similar to several other drugs (insomnia).
Thank you Poster.

But simply, anything your body tries to expunge, usually doesn't belong there

Your body has an endogenous endocannabinoid system, though, so perhaps all the cannibinoids I consume do belong there :)

Whether marijuana is "good" or "bad" is entirely dependent on the user. If it contributes positively to the user's overall quality of life, it is good. If it detracts from the user's overall quality of life, it is bad.

@burnt offerings, my body also produces natural opiates (endorphins) so does that mean heroin must belong in my body? Jk.
But seriously, I think its good for some bad for others. I think that the wonder herb cure all for everything and everyone opinion that seems to be perpetuated by extremist pot advocates, is almost as crazy as those anti marijuanna campaigns run in the early 1900s.(well maybe not that crazy, but still) Its a drug. It can be helpful for some, but not for all.
People say they use it because its so wonderful that its a treatment for cancer, but I don't see them taking chemotherapy for that reason. Im not anti weed, but I know for a fact that many people experience a lot of negative effects from it, just as others experience all these great benefits. There is anxiety, paranoia, for some it can be pretty hallucinogenic and can get them, "stuck in their heads" so to speak. It can cause depersonalization, derealization and hppd.

And the comparisons to alcohol everytime a negative gets brought up is getting old. Just admit there can be some drawbacks. That's all I want XD.

Others experience the opposite , as Kat Williams said "happy, hungry sleepy, that's it." That's what its supposed to be. A light hearted, life enhancer drug.

In my own experience I got a mix of both, I would get really paranoid and out of it, but then I'd come down a little and feel happy hungry and sleepy. It was a little dissapointing I could only go so farbefore I'd regret smoking.

But I say legalize it, but be realistic. It just not for some people, but the ones who do benefit from it do NOT deserve to be punished for it. It is a much safer medicine than most for most people.