Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Four Hospitalized in Snapchat Overdose

Na'vi

Bluelighter
SnapChat drug hits Darwin Streets

SnapChat drugs hit Darwin streets

NT NEWS JUNE 06, 2014 3:31PM

A NEW batch of a drug nicknamed SnapChat has hospitalised several people in the Top End and police are warning partygoers to steer clear.

But it’s feared too many have been sold already.

It’s understood the ecstasy-based drug is potent, and at least four people who went to hospital took half a tablet before becoming seriously ill this week.

They were discharged from Royal Darwin Hospital this morning.

The drug is named after the smartphone photo-messaging app of the same name, popular with teenagers, and has the Snapchat ghost logo pressed on the top.
Police drug squad have been investigating and are warning people to be careful of the green tablets this Queen’s Birthday weekend.

Drug and Organised Crime Division Superintendent Clint Sims said there had been “a number” of incidents overnight.

“Police received a number of reports last night of people behaving in an erratic and irrational manner,” he said.

“These people appeared to become aggressive and disoriented after ingesting the drug and were taken to Royal Darwin Hospital.

“The drug is described to be in pill-form and has been sold in two colours.

“One is pink and the other blue with green speckles.

“With the upcoming long weekend and a number of public events planned, our primary concern is that these contaminated pills will be distributed into the wider community.

“Taking any illicit drug is dangerous and potentially deadly.

“These drugs are not produced under pharmaceutical conditions and the reality is people have no idea what they are taking or worse, what affect it will have on them.

“The adverse and aggressive reactions people experience also places enormous pressure on emergency services.”

Security at the Summer Sessions event at Mindil Beach have been told to be vigilant in their searches on the door of the outdoor music festival on Saturday.

The NT Health Department is also concerned.

A friend of the men in hospital, who NT News has decided not to name, said:
“If you take it you will die.

Continued at: http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/north...t-darwin-streets/story-fnk0b1zt-1226946025424

Yeah I came to post this as well -

The 'Snapchat drug' is real, and it's sending people to the hospital

15afd8e9842e754cd90fbd3afcb7fdc5.jpg

These Snapchat-branded pills won’t make you self-destruct—but they will make you really sick.

At least four people in Australia were hospitalized this week after each taking half a tablet of a new drug called “Snapchat,” named after the popular photo-sharing app that allows people to set a self-destruct timer on shared images and videos.

“Police received a number of reports last night of people behaving in an erratic and irrational manner,” Drug and Organised Crime Division Superintendent Clint Sims told the Daily Telegraph. “These people appeared to become aggressive and disoriented after ingesting the drug and were taken to Royal Darwin Hospital.”

A night-shift supervisor at the Royal Darwin Hospital, located in the Northern Territory of Australia, confirmed with the Daily Dot that the Snapchat drug was real. She would not elaborate on the medical conditions of any of the patients admitted.

The Snapchat drugs reportedly come in two colors: pink and blue with green speckles. LIttle else is known about the drug.

In April, a Scottish man was hospitalized after popping ecstasy tablets featuring the Bitcoin logo. The man was found in an agitated state.

These Bitcoin-branded drugs appeared on the underground drug market in November and have since become a bit of a European phenomenon, with online reviews of the drug posted from the Netherlands, U.K., and Switzerland.

So far, no such review exists for Snapchat on PillReports, a popular illegal drug review website. And if the pills are as dangerous as people claim, no such reviews may ever show up.

“I have seen two full-grown, heavy-set men taken to hospital last night due to ingesting these,” one person told told the Telegraph. “I know for a fact that a lot of these have been sold throughout Darwin [the capital of Australia’s Northern Territory]. I really need a wide exposure warning put up about these. People will die this weekend if something isn’t said.”

http://www.dailydot.com/news/snapchat-pills-hospital-australia/

“The drug is described to be in pill-form and has been sold in two colours.

“One is pink and the other blue with green speckles.

And yet the pic I posted from the article I just put up doesn't show either of them.... Hrm.

It's a stock image that's been photoshopped, pretty much always is with drug articles (I would imagine the legality around obtaining the drug for photographing makes it pretty hard for journalists, and I rarely see police put out images).

6814181768_54faf8e2ab_c.jpg

Here are two pics from different Australian news sites.

NSFW:

r1286626_17470140.JPG
(Pink Snapchat)
110521-a868897a-ed45-11e3-82c4-4cab92387936.jpg
(Blue Snapchat)

^ Cheers both of you. Yeah sometimes the cops here put out images, seems pretty rare tho from what i've found.

These things sound nasty.

Wow, what lazy bastards. Do they even know what drugs it is? Is it an Australian thing to do that with drug images due to unique legal bullshit?

At least in a Canadian article read recently I saw a picture of familiar local fake-ass "MDMA" that consisted of dirty crystals which I have seen in person before.

Cheers :)

It's such bullshit tho -

Four Darwin men have been taken to hospital with symptoms of wild aggression and hysteria after taking a new designer drug called Snapchat.

Yeah right, it should say something more like this -

Dodgy Aussie pill pressers press some horrible chemicals and stamp them with the snapchat logo causing the hospitalised 4 men. (they may be imported, but I kind of doubt it personally at a guess)

IF they do actually contain MDPV then they could have been from here (read on to next post)

Four men were sent to hospital in Darwin over the weekend after taking a new drug called Snapchat, showing symptoms of wild aggression and hysteria, prompting Northern Territory police to issue a warning.

The pills come in two colours, pink and blue with green flecks, and bear the Snapchat logo (though there is no affiliation with the app). They contain the same ingredients as the dangerous drug known as bath salts, police said.

One man was sent to intensive care, and the other three were treated by hospital staff. It is the second weekend in a row that people have been hospitalised as a result of using the drug, bringing the total to at least eight.

"Just watched four mates all over 100kg almost die after taking a half. They are in hospital," an unnamed friend told NT News last week.

Police have strongly warned against taking the drug.

"You certainly don't want to be putting this in your body. It's nothing new -- this Snapchat is a new logo, [but] it's the same poison," said Active Superintendant Peter Shiller of the Drug and Organised Crime Division told the ABC. "This particular tablet may have been manufactured locally into that particular logo, but it's still the base ingredient."

Northern Territory chief medical officer Steven Skov added, "We know that with these types of drugs there is a potential to have a heart attack, to have something called malignant hyperthermia where you essentially cook your brain... So the message is, please do not take this drug."

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/new-drug-called-snapchat-hospitalising-users/

From Sept last yr -

Three charged, more than $900,000 worth of drugs seized - Port Macquarie

w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Police have charged three men and seized drugs with a potential street value of more than $900,000 during a search warrant at Port Macquarie.

About 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday 19 September 2013), police from Mid North Coast Local Area Command executed a search warrant at a business on Jindalee Road.

During the search, police allegedly located more than 6500 tablets and 15kg of powder containing the prohibited drug Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV).

A pill press machine was also seized.

Three men, aged 45, 23 and 49, were arrested and taken to Port Macquarie Police Station.

The 45-year-old man was charged with manufacture large commercial quantity of prohibited drug, supply large commercial quantity of prohibited drug and possess tablet press.

The 23-year-old was charged with manufacture large commercial quantity of prohibited drug and supply large commercial quantity of prohibited drug.

The 49-year-old was charged with take part in the manufacture of a large commercial quantity of prohibited drug, supply prohibited drug and possess prohibited drug.

All three were refused bail to appear at Port Macquarie Local Court today (Friday 20 September 2013).

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...hread-v2-0?p=11837423&viewfull=1#post11837423

If you take too much mdpv, you might be liable to use snapchat compulsively. :p

ebola

urgggghhh too much mdpv = no wonder there were reports of people behaving eratically